TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately there have been several threads that primarily or tangentially discussed kickstands. It got me to thinking.

In the garage the kickstand can be too short. In the woods it can be too long or too short or, occasionally, just right.

Has anyone ever made a quickly adjustable kickstand (factory or otherwise)? I figure some of you creative old timers or life-long bikers might know.

I am thinking maybe a foot that screws in and out? Or, maybe something like the end of a crutch with dual pop-out pins?

I don't need one. I was just curious if this had ever been done.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Lately there have been several threads that primarily or tangentially discussed kickstands. It got me to thinking.

In the garage the kickstand can be too short. In the woods it can be too long or too short or, occasionally, just right.

Has anyone ever made a quickly adjustable kickstand (factory or otherwise)? I figure some of you creative old timers or life-long bikers might know.

I am thinking maybe a foot that screws in and out? Or, maybe something like the end of a crutch with dual pop-out pins?

I don't need one. I was just curious if this had ever been done.

Thanks
Seems to me that some of the add-on universal trail stands worked that way. They u-bolted onto the swingarm of dirtbikes which were born without kickstands.

Never gave it much thought until recently. I want to add a right side kickstand then have it be adjustable in length so it can also act like a crutch jack.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've seen something similar on ebay, might be adaptable to a TW ~$80. It's on my list of things to do to make one of the crutch jacks - much more my speed at around $5 :D (I currently use spare pieces of lumber/sticks (free!)). It's an interesting idea though - if the TW kickstand is hollow seems like it'd be easy enough to cut the foot off and sleeve it with another tube, drill some holes through both and use a lynch pin for adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts