TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who: We have limited space but open to anyone who wishes to come ride. We'll welcome anyone who wants to ride TW's, ATV/SxS's, brooms, and other bikes like a DT200 or Scorpa :)
When: You can come as early as 20 July for mountain orientation but the main riding days are 22-24 July. Depending on who shows up, the plan right now is for the main riding days to be forest service roads & easy ATV trails to a bunch of lookouts and hopefully other interesting places. The riding days will be long and you will probably sleep well at night.
Extra Innings: For those who would like to ride the harder ATV trails and a ton of fun & dangerous single track trails, the riding will continue from 25-27 ish July.
Where: Our place in Garden Valley, ID. We'll send you directions and a map if you want to join us or even come guide you in once you make it to the Terrace Lakes Lodge. (our place can be difficult to find with the spaghetti network of old logging roads turned into subdivision roads). PM me your email address and I'll send the info to you. After the rides well enjoy a campfire and after ride "medicine" (if needed) ...and there aren't any fire restrictions (we have a propane fire pit just in case).
We can accommodate several camp trailers if not too large. Have some tent spots available as well. We also have 2 guest bedrooms and have private bedspace for a rider or two in our truck camper and TWhauler Camper if you just want to haul your machine(s) here. You can use our showers too!
We'll provide continental-type breakfast stuff (muffins/fruit juice/coffee) in the morning and evening BBQ-type stuff on the main ride days. Lunches and meals on other days are on you. i.e. Mrs. Admiral is riding too and I don't cook so...well, I can make toasted peanut butter bologna samishes if you want! :) Also, anyone can use our kitchen if it's not in use by Mrs. Admiral!!! She told me to say that last part!

Let us know if you want to come.

·
Super Moderator
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only I had a ranch sitter! 😥😭😥
Well, my folks-in-law still have their pasture and corrals. About a 1-1/2 away. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already on my Calendar !!!
The first one was a blast.
But which motorcycle(s) to bring?
If you only want to bring 1 I could loan you a TW. If it was just 1 I'd bring the Scorpa for the single track though I know you can do the trails with the DT. Of course, DT and Scorpa would provide the options! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We'd love to make it, but I think our family annual camping trip is that week. Doreen might though. I'll let her know. She's in New Mexico with Red Cross working the fire helping victims at the shelter right now.
We'd love to have you make it if you could and Doreen is more than welcome to come. Our trails are definitely ATV-friendly. She'd love it!

·
Super Moderator
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be fun. I'll have to see if I can arrange it.
I hope you can for sure. Colorado is not on our radar yet this year but if it is we know who to contact!

·
Registered
2019 TW 200, 2004 XT225, 2005 XT225,2022 KLX140L
53 Posts
I hope you can for sure. Colorado is not on our radar yet this year but if it is we know who to contact!
Looks like it's only a 15 hour drive, so not too bad of a distance.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'll be fresh off the heals off a week-long OBDR-ish ride. Save a spot for the Supervibe and my stubby trailer. The Extra Innings stuff has my full and undivided attention.

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
Super sweet offer!! If you've never met the Admirals, you should try to go. Kris and Lori are the most wonderful folks!! You won't regret it!! Go!! :D

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
We'd love to have you make it if you could and Doreen is more than welcome to come. Our trails are definitely ATV-friendly. She'd love it!
I spoke to Doreen this evening and she says she's working on getting a camp host job in Washington state in July. If it falls through, she'll be sure to let us know.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I wanna make this! a couple things I need to work on/watch. I need to get back and visit my Mom for a week or so, she's in upstate NY, the Adirondacks. Waiting to hear the best time to head up for her schedule, she's a big Bridge player, travels for it sometimes. My daughter is due for my second Grandkid first week August. If all looks well latish July, no problem - my wife would kill me if I wasn't there for the delivery...obviously! I'm back in AZ now so it's a 15 hour drive, definitely would be one of the early arrivers to make that long haul even more worth it :)
The Admirals live in an incredible area, want to see it ,And them!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts