TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Sounds like the event of the summer! (y)
Housewarming Ride #1 was really worth it, beautiful home, location and people. Varied riding , smooth trails ( mostly) big rivers, tall trees, late season snow drifts ... who could ask for more?
I may be seeing this too late to get an available spot.
Need to juggle some plans first before a commitment.

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Garden VALLEY!!!

All this time I thought you folks lived in Garden CITY, Idaho. Suddenly all that pride I see leaking through your description of the place makes sense.

It'll be my first event with this outfit and I hope I can make it. We'll see.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Yes, there is a big difference between Garden City and Garden Valley. I suspect the two locations get mixed up a lot just like Idaho and Iowa. :)
Hope you can make it. Does your camper come with portable log siding? That would be cool! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Marc and I would like to try and join in on this ride. We're the older folks who rode our TWs with the group in San Rafael. We still have our yellow 18ft toy hauler. Our email address is [email protected]. We know another couple that we ride with who might also be interested. Please keep us in the loop as you plan and share info. We came to Crotch to see the solar eclipse and did some riding and loved the area. We live in Monroe, WA and enjoy FS roads.

Kris and Marc Johnston

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Marc and I would like to try and join in on this ride. We're the older folks who rode our TWs with the group in San Rafael. We still have our yellow 18ft toy hauler. Our email address is [email protected]. We know another couple that we ride with who might also be interested. Please keep us in the loop as you plan and share info. We came to Crotch to see the solar eclipse and did some riding and loved the area. We live in Monroe, WA and enjoy FS roads.

Kris and Marc Johnston

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
Yep, we remember you from San Rafael. Will keep you in the loop for sure.

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I spent too much time in this place last September! Parked the t-dub with the other bikes lined up out front. Life is good up there! I'll be in Wyoming for 2 weeks in early June. I wonder if I can take more time off work in July...

View attachment 226444
Eating/drinking out on the "deck/open area" is nice in the evening. Sometimes they have a live (vs. dead) band playing out there too. You know one of the local spots :)

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Count me in!
Hopefully arriving late Thursday the 21st, or late Friday morning. My lil' van can be tucked away somewhere giving parking preference to larger rigs.
Awesome! Late Thursday would be best as we'll start a ride Friday Morning but there is no hurry if you plan to stay for the "extra innings". Then Friday will be fine.

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Don't wait for me come Friday morning if I haven't arrived, just go ride. I can always re-ride some the neat stuff you shared with us last time and catch up later in the day.
My plan is to visit Spokane earlier in week and work my way back to Garden Valley...visit Adam, take littletommy out to lunch... So I can see myself getting distracted by hot springs, Skookumchuck, forks of the Salmon, White Bird and other stuff haven't seen in way too many years. We don't have these nice big free flowing rivers back home.
Cloud Sky Water Plant Mountain

We also don't have jet boat racing. Season was back in April but may see casual play & practice.
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Hopefully no aftermath of when things go wrong. :giggle:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Don't wait for me come Friday morning if I haven't arrived, just go ride. I can always re-ride some the neat stuff you shared with us last time and catch up later in the day.
My plan is to visit Spokane earlier in week and work my way back to Garden Valley...visit Adam, take littletommy out to lunch... So I can see myself getting distracted by hot springs, Skookumchuck, forks of the Salmon, White Bird and other stuff haven't seen in way too many years. We don't have these nice big free flowing rivers back home.
View attachment 226553

We also don't have jet boat racing. Season was back in April but may see casual play & practice.
View attachment 226564
Be sure to take old 95 into White Bird, just to say you did. Access is just below the summit and isn't well marked. It got a heavy chip coat last year, so it's barely better than gravel near the top and is basically deserted. I've never passed another car on that section.
Plant community Ecoregion Slope Mountain Natural landscape

·
Registered
218 Posts
Eating/drinking out on the "deck/open area" is nice in the evening. Sometimes they have a live (vs. dead) band playing out there too. You know one of the local spots :)
I was looking at property in Crouch (dreaming) and noticed the place right next door to the Saloon is for sale. Not that I'd want to be so close to other people, but the pics were interesting. I stared at that place quite a bit when I was sitting on my stool. Some characters and activity kept my attention! Aside from that, the homes right on the river look nearly perfect. I could live there.

·
Super Moderator
21,798 Posts
View attachment 226553

View attachment 226564
Hey!! What's this!!?? Fred's coming to town? SWEET BRO!! (y)(y)(y)
I can't wait!!
One thing though bro... When you come to my town, lunch is on me!! ;)
I've wanted to meet you for almost 10 years!! You're one of my hero's!! Keep me posted, you've got my number brother!! (y)

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I was looking at property in Crouch (dreaming) and noticed the place right next door to the Saloon is for sale. Not that I'd want to be so close to other people, but the pics were interesting. I stared at that place quite a bit when I was sitting on my stool. Some characters and activity kept my attention! Aside from that, the homes right on the river look nearly perfect. I could live there.
If it's the place to the right of the Dirty Shame (saloon), I think it used to be a small motel and has a strange layout for a residence. Wouldn't have to walk far for an adult beverage and sometimes listen to live music. 😀

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I might be in for a couple days of the easy stuff. Looks like some old friends will be present.
Would be great if you can make it. There sure could be some people from your past there for sure haha. It sounds like Friday, Saturday, Sunday or any combination of them are your days to ride.

·
Registered
2018 KLX250 camo ; former owner of 2006 TW (retired at 23k); 19' S3, 09' F-250, 97' Cherokee
611 Posts
I wish I could get down there and ride with you guys for a few days. Our daughter is still too young for my comfort level to be that far for that long.

Perhaps if there's a 3rd gathering in a year, I can cruise down for a few days. Especially now that "I'm back" - with a TW ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts