TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who: Anyone who wishes to come ride. We'll welcome anyone who wants to ride TW's, ATV/SxS's and other bikes like a DT200 :D

What: House Warming but mainly riding ATV trails, some single track trails and various logging roads. May split up into ability groups if necessary.

Where: Our place in Garden Valley, ID. We'll provide directions and a map if you want to join us or even come guide you in once you make it to the Terrace Lakes Lodge. (our place can be difficult to find with the spaghetti network of old logging roads turned subdivision roads). PM me your email address and I'll send the info to you.

When: 13-15 June are the main riding days but will entertain riders who show up a day or two early or stay a couple days later. i.e. you can make this a 5-8 day ride adventure if you want or ride just one day.

Why: Because we want to ride, enjoy campfires after the ride, enjoy after ride "medicine" (if needed).

We can accommodate 2-4 camp trailers if not too large. Have some tent spots available as well. We also have 3 guest bedrooms if you just want to haul your machine(s) here. About 3/4 mile away is Terrace Lakes Lodge which has Motel Rooms ($75 ish a night) and a small campground ($25 a night) if you want yer privacy. Not really that private but thought I'd throw the info in there.

We'll provide continental type breakfast stuff and evening BBQ type stuff on the main ride days. Lunches and meals on other days are on you. i.e. Mrs. Admiral has to work and I don't cook so good. :rolleyes:

Let us know if you want to come.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Damn straight, I want to come.
And I would if it wasn't 1,312 miles!
Oh, well...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I am in, how could I refuse with that personal invite.
2 smoke and I will show up - will most likely just bring the truck & camper with the bike on the front rack; that way you can stick me behind the workshop.
I still have the map

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET TO THE ADMIRAL'S PLACE WITH OUT THE MAP - YOU HAVE BEEN FOR-WARNED.
Even with the map it may be a challenge!
Admiral keeps taking me different ways to his place :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Hi Admirals - This is so kind & most generous and I wish there wasn't a 1000 mile drive between as I'd love to be there for your house warming/group rides & shenanigans - Thanks again for the generous invitation. All the best.... TomT
Only a thousand miles? Man up fellow and join us. Bring that wonderful family of yours and enjoy what this forum is about. In reality, we all get it, we all have our things in life we have to deal with. Being retired has it's privilages.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What map? :confused:

A map I'll send you when you PM me your email address. :p

Your Aliner should be maneuverable easy enough here. I have a bit of a hard time with the 28' TWoycraftcarrier but manage. Dang water spigots get in the way on the shop property. I'll be removing the temporary carport before the gather off the flat landing area and that will help a lot to maneuver the big rigs. Good thing Plumb is downsizing from his 5th wheel to cargo trailer cause his would have taken up a lot of acreage. :D

·
Registered
19,413 Posts
I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths. Either way likely be compact with one bike on back of van.
I did cyber-explore real estate listings finding the new house way back when and indeed The Admiral's Place is a hidden gem more than a few turns away from downtown metropolitan Garden Valley. Map would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths.
Why choose - do both.

·
Registered
650 Posts
We will bring the Hats. The hats will read MOAB 2019. The letters MOAB on half the hats stand for, " More Of Admirals Best". The other half of the hats stand for " More Of Admirals Beer". We will probably just camp at your neighbors house. How far are you from Redding, Calif.? See you there unless you see us first. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Wish I lived closer! Really need to get some New England gatherings going....
I've been saying the same exact thing. Too far away and need to get some good group rides organized with folks from here in the southeast. Most if not all of my rides are solo or with my kids. Which is not bad at all, but some variety would be good.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Dan & Sue,
After that long 550 mile 10 hour ride to Admirals, a 335 mile 6 hour ride up to mine for a couple three days would be easy... ;)

Dan, you, Sue and the hats are about 550 miles from Admiral's neighbors house...a good 10 hours behind the wheel.

·
Registered
650 Posts
---Quote (Originally by SanDue)---
Please send me direction to your new house. I may also need direction back to my house. Thanks until your better paid. Will be a grand time. Dan and Sue.
---End Quote---
From your place to our place go North East. Back to your place from our place go South West! I'm pretty sure it takes a while in both directions.

We will bring the Mystery Gift Box. We took it with us to Moab but, no one came by to play. Checking for spiders the other day I discovered a roll of quarters in there. Gifts seem to be going in the box but, few are coming out. Go figure. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths. Either way likely be compact with one bike on back of van.
I did cyber-explore real estate listings finding the new house way back when and indeed The Admiral's Place is a hidden gem more than a few turns away from downtown metropolitan Garden Valley. Map would be very helpful.
I'm with ejfranz, do both. Not to be selfish but if you had to choose one or the other the Challis Ride will be more remote/rugged. I've camped a few times near Custer, ID and the mining history of the area is tremendously interesting. Don't know trails other than I hiked up 8 mile creek road to an old mining site. Was a few old log buildings still standing. Saw a bear up close and personal on the hike back to the truck. Good times.

On the other hand, there's plenty of interesting places around here I'm planning on riding too during the gathering. Few lookouts etc.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts