TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
Looks like it is getting warm too. Will have to pay attention to weather forecasts to see whether we need mesh or raincoats.
With several riders to assist if needed those creek crossings suddenly seem less intimidating.
Really enjoy hearing you and Lori chat back and forth in the Curveball video as well as in others. You two really make a great couple. The giggles and joking typify the simple relaxed fun these trail bikes can deliver.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Seems like a fun weekend. If I wasn't almost 1700mi away, I'd join you guys.

Reactions: SanDue and admiral

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I've been saying the same exact thing. Too far away and need to get some good group rides organized with folks from here in the southeast. Most if not all of my rides are solo or with my kids. Which is not bad at all, but some variety would be good.
How far are you from Landcaster, will be down there in Oct for a month or two.

·
Registered
790 Posts
How far are you from Landcaster, will be down there in Oct for a month or two.
I am about ~1.5-2hrs (varies) southwest of Lancaster, SC but riding around this area always requires a little travel. So no big deal from my end. :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
My gson is a hunter, bagged his first buck at 6yrs old. As there is no limit there he has taken 11 so far. He is 10 now. He had one run off after shooting it. It was late and had to get a dog to find it. I had a chat with him and told him he was a good shot and at the distance he was shooting, he should do neck and head shots. The next deer he took it dropped right where it was standing. His father said,"son you missed your shot", he said no, gpaw told me if I did head and neck shots they wouldn't run away, it dropped right like he said it would. From now on I am a head and neck shooter. Had to laugh and be proud of him.

Have to apologize for highjacking your post Admiral, will get back on track.

As it is only going to be for a few days, I think I will just put my carrier on my ranger and make my bed in the pickup. Will save a lot of gas and not take up much space. A small larder should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You may encounter a lot of traffic on Hwy 55 those days as this will be happening at the same time. The after-party is in Admirals little town.
This year the NFC will be the Extreme Kayak World Championship, hosting the best kayakers from all over the world to come together for a fight for the title of World Champion and King and Queen of the North Fork World Championship.

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You may encounter a lot of traffic on Hwy 55 those days as this will be happening at the same time. The after-party is in Admirals little town.
This year the NFC will be the Extreme Kayak World Championship, hosting the best kayakers from all over the world to come together for a fight for the title of World Champion and King and Queen of the North Fork World Championship.

We've driven by this event on Hwy 55 before. Some traffic but Boise rush hour is way worse. Hopefully, we won't see this the morning after the after party when we ride through town to parts unknown.

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Rode with S3 on a scout mission yesterday.

Did his best to fit in with the whole back woods look

Packer John Lookout is a nogo. I've never seen such a late snow melt. Must be that global warming or should I say climate change. Climate change is right...more snow.

Had to turn around

S3 said out riding was way better than sitting in Afghanistan. I believe him.

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
So we supposed to show up on the 13th with the first official house warming ride on the Friday the 14th, Flag Day, or can a fella wander in Wednesday evening ahead of the river rat rowdies? :walk:

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So we supposed to show up on the 13th with the first official house warming ride on the Friday the 14th, Flag Day, or can a fella wander in Wednesday evening ahead of the river rat rowdies? :walk:
Afternoon/evening of 12th. I’m hoping we ride starting the 13th but showing up any day is fine. After party rides will start Sunday for extended stay riding single track and ATV trails. 13-15 will be the easier yet scenic forest service roads.

Reactions: ejfranz

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi everyone!

Looks like we've conned about 10 of you to come visit us.

I am looking forward to this week and I thought I’d let everyone that is coming (and reading this) know a few things…

The Admiral should have sent, to all those who’ve indicated they are coming, directions/map so you can (hopefully) find us. Remember to follow the map and not put our address into GPS…..GPS out here cannot be trusted! Hopefully the Admiral’s directions can be. Getting to Terrace Lakes Resort is the easy part, we may be only .7 miles from there but the roads can get you pretty confused…..even when you’re sober!

We do have internet and Verizon cell service, other carrier’s service is very limited...ok I mean non existent.

As the Admiral mentioned on the first page, main (easyish) riding days will be Thursday, Friday, Saturday – those are also the days we will provide breakfast and dinner. You can show up on Wednesday at anytime and stay however many days you want to after Sunday. The Admiral is planning on a more adventurous ride on Sunday for those that want to risk life and limb.

Please bring your own lunches and drinks.

We are not vegetarians, if you are - then you probably should stay home…er, I mean bring your own tofu.

We also aren’t teetotalers so please feel free to bring your own alcohol if you choose.

Breakfast won’t be anything fancy. Since I don’t get out of bed too early and don’t eat breakfast, this will be all on the Admiral! He’ll have coffee, apple juice, bread of some kind, fruit, yogurt, breakfast casserole or pastry ready for you. We do have a Keurig so if you are picky about your coffee please bring your own kcups, if you’re not picky then he’ll have a pot of something black brewing. I’m pretty sure you can expect coffee ready by 8:00 and breakfast some time after that.

Riding will start after I get out bed… I mean some time after 9:30 maybe 10:00.

Dinner will always consist of a meat – chicken, beef, or elk burger (compliments of EatElk – yay!), lettuce salad (for you wanna be vegetarians) and some kind of pasta or potato salad, and whatever else I decide to make.. I will also have a pie or two.. Dinner probably won’t be earlier than 6 pm – but no later than 9 pm. We don’t want to cut a ride short just for dinner!

We want everyone to feel comfortable at our home, this means you will have access to anything in our house that you may need. Shower, bathroom, fridge, cupboards, deck, couch, etc. we really do want you to feel at home. The doors will be open so you can come and go as you please.

We will also have a fresh (not pretty looking) porta-pottie available.

I think I’ve covered everything! See you all when you get here.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Who all's coming?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
Understandable LT.
Long but beautiful 6+ hour drive for you.
We will just have to hoist a donut or two in your honor.

Reactions: littletommy
41 - 60 of 173 Posts