TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've stopped posting video's here as a library. If you want to watch any video's I've posted on Youtube you can view them on my Youtube.

It's too much to manage video's here and on youtube is the reason not that I don't want you to watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/klnrgj01/videos?disable_polymer=1

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Georgie Riding on Back of TW Video's

Enjoy the videos, these are copies of previously posted video's for the Video Library. If you like the video please feel free to click the "Like" button, but please do not reply with feedback or comments to the videos posted within the Library. Feel free to make comments in the original post or on youtube. Thank you!

George on the TW

Georgie Rides Shotgun

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Enjoy the videos, these are copies of previously posted video's for the Video Library. If you like the video please feel free to click the "Like" button, but please do not reply with feedback or comments to the videos posted within the Library. Feel free to make comments in the original post or on youtube. Thank you!
Golden Bolt.jpg

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Good job with the video library, clever idea.

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
You sure have that snow riding thing perfected. Nothing like leaving the first man made tracks after a fresh light snowfall.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You sure have that snow riding thing perfected. Nothing like leaving the first man made tracks after a fresh light snowfall.
Perfected? Not yet! This year I'm gonna take a page out of mrgizmo's playbook and try some kind of ski/tire hybrid combination. I have not been satisfied with the tire or tire w/chain combination in deeper snow. Studs work good on hardpacked snow & ice, but not deep snow either. My goal is an easy quick way to install and remove a ski when needed and store on the back rack. Tire chains on the rear tire have worked pretty well in the snow. Help in muddy conditions but still not as good as I would like. Plus I'm hoping to try an ATV tire for the rear this winter. With and without chains and see if this combo will be worth it over the stock tire. My ultimate goal is an easy to ride TW in snowy conditions. Thus far I've not been successful in all the winter conditions I may encounter!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Perfected? Not yet! This year I'm gonna take a page out of mrgizmo's playbook and try some kind of ski/tire hybrid combination. I have not been satisfied with the tire or tire w/chain combination in deeper snow. Studs work good on hardpacked snow & ice, but not deep snow either. My goal is an easy quick way to install and remove a ski when needed and store on the back rack. Tire chains on the rear tire have worked pretty well in the snow. Help in muddy conditions but still not as good as I would like. Plus I'm hoping to try an ATV tire for the rear this winter. With and without chains and see if this combo will be worth it over the stock tire. My ultimate goal is an easy to ride TW in snowy conditions. Thus far I've not been successful in all the winter conditions I may encounter!
Personally, I admire anyone who gets out there on their TW in the snow!! I go about 2 weeks max during the winter that I can't ride. I find it invigorating!! :D

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very true it's very invigorating! Rosy cheeks and frostbitten toes:D

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Danskin OHV Rides

The Bender Creek Experience May 2012
http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/4539-bender-creek-experience.html

Part I of a ride 6 of us took in the Danskin OHV area east of Boise, ID. We departed from the Bender Creek Trailhead. It was a great day full of twisty trails, water crossings, wipe outs, and above all else...humor.

This is part II of a ride 6 of us took in the Danskin OHV area east of Boise, ID. We departed from the Bender Creek Trailhead. In this part we cross Willow Creek and start our descent into Fiddler Flat, a canyon on the South Fork Boise River. It was a great day full of twisty trails, water crossings, wipe outs, and above all else...humor. Stay tuned for part III, the final chapter.

This is the final part (III) of a ride 6 of us took in the Danskin OHV area east of Boise, ID. We departed from the Bender Creek Trailhead, crossed Willow Creek, and descended into Fiddler Flat, a canyon on the South Fork Boise River. In this part we ride around Fiddler Flat, visit an overlook above the river, old sawmill boiler and then climbed back out. Hope you enjoy(ed) "The Bender Creek Experience" series. We sure had fun riding it.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Rides around Silver City

Day 1 part 1. We ride and take old mining roads from camp to an old ranch called the Ghost Ranch, then Thomas Lakes. There is a waterfall on the back part of the lake. The old mining roads were fairly challenging due to the deep ruts which have been carved into them my melting snow and rain over the years. Next up is the second part of the day where we ride to War Eagle Mtn. and past some of the old mines.

Second half of day one in the Silver City-War Eagle area. After a short break at Thomas Lakes, we take the old mining roads over to War Eagle Mountain and ride by some of the old and a couple active mines. Then we head back to camp. Tomorrow we try to ride to Flint via War Eagle and back through Silver City.

Day 2 our destination was the old mining community of Flint. I knew the actual townsite of Flint was privately owned, but apparently so is the surrounding roads close to it. We rode south back up and past War Eagle Mtn. Continued on the main road on the ridges which took us further south and then west. At a junction, we traveled south in and around Cottonwood Creek. Somewhere in this area is where we ran into the gate with a "No Trespassing" sign was propped up against the base of a tree on the other side. Disappointed, we turned around back up to the ridge where we connected to the main mining road up to Florida Mtn...I think. From this junction we just headed east on the trails which took us back to Silver City.

Reactions: grewen and HKLBRY

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weiser Sand Dunes

Part of our Valentines Day weekend ride in 2015. Humm, wonder what 2016 Valentines Day Ride will be like??

My first time riding in the sand at the dunes. Turns out this was good practice for Moab with all the sand we encountered there. I think I'd ride better here next time. Didn't fall, but didn't go very fast either!

Reactions: Fred and TWilight

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Another great video Kris, but my favorites are still the ones featuring loyal Georgie The Wonder Dawg riding along behind her master.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
A great ride for sure. Wish my other side had the love for riding like yours. I have to chide you a bit though. Letting your beautiful gal out riding without a helmet, what can I say? Would hate to hear a story that she had a spill and took on an unexpected rock.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Lori looks like she is doing great!! Where's her pink helmet?

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Like the way Kris revved his engine in the tunnel, just like the boys from Top Gear would do in their Ferraris and Lambos. Awesome power should be awesomely displayed, right?

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like the way Kris revved his engine in the tunnel, just like the boys from Top Gear would do in their Ferraris and Lambos. Awesome power should be awesomely displayed, right?
I was hoping for the deep throated Harley sound. Yeah, it didn't work. :p

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 20 of 20 Posts