TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
When gas was nearly $5/gallon in 2008, I got a wild hair and out of nowhere decided to buy a TDub. I read and research numerous reviews and opinions.

So I went to the local Yamaha shop and to buy a Black 2008 TW 200. It was listed at $3299, Black on Black. The salesman disappeared for about 30 min and came back and said I wasn't approved for this $3299 motorcycle but that I WAS approved for the $7000 WR 250 that could "Go on the freeway!"

So I walked out and drove 20 miles to another Yamaha dealer and walked out 45 min later with my white 2008 TW 2000 for $3299, a $450 Arai helmet, a $400 credit for a bent clutch lever (with the replacement lever) and I was hooked.

I don't know how I found the forum but I wam embarassed and proud to say that I read every post on the old site and have read every post in the Performance and Customization columns. Not so many in the others. Plenty, but not all.'

Which brings me to the reason for this fun rant. There are days when I look 3, 4, 5 or more times with anticipation of new updates or photos of fellow members, pics or comments. There are days sometimes 2 or 3 without any new posts and I feel like an addict needing my fix.

Will anyone else admit out loud that they share the same sentiments or addiction that I do? I already know of a few, so make sure you speak up or I will call you out on the national TDUB broadcast website.

Super Moderator
I ain't sayin nothin.

One thing I will say is...I blame this website for making me spend lots of money!

I had a perfectly good little bike that would have lasted me a long time...

Then I ran across this website...and saw what others were doing...

and you know the "rest of the story"...

It never ends.

farkles.

Registered
i agree Brock...and sometimes more than 5 times a day
...so many cool ideas/people on this board that i don't want to miss anything

how i came to picking up a TW?...got bored with my street bike and saw catamount's TW build on a local motorcycle forum...i decided that the bike looked like it would be a fun on/off road bike so i poked around and i found this forum...i lurked on here a while reading everything i could...i bought a used TW in April of 2011, lurked some more, did a few mods and then i finally joined in September of 2011...been addicted ever since...over that summer i found myself riding the TW around more than i rode my street bike mainly because it was more fun and comfortable to ride...so i sold my street bike in October of 2011 on Cragislist (which also got me addicted to selling things on Craigslist) and found/bought the husky a week later which had a similar ergos and gave me more get up and go than the TW but less than the sportbike...to be continued...

Registered
i admit i didn't recognize you with the new avatar pic, and softy admission of guilt! ha!

ride on!

Registered
Does it count as multiple visits if you just keep a tab open all day and hit refresh every 15 minutes?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

Registered
I am the same way. In fact I wish I could access my photobucket account to post some new pictures. I will have to wait till I get home tonight.

I was hooked the day I rolled one out of our container box to teach a BRC class. It just took me 4 years to buy one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I am the same way. In fact I wish I could access my photobucket account to post some new pictures. I will have to wait till I get home tonight.

I was hooked the day I rolled one out of our container box to teach a BRC class. It just took me 4 years to buy one.
That is a sweeeeeet pic in your avatar.

Registered
I'm a moderator on a car related forum and spend way more time on here. I read all the new posts and lots of old ones. I've only been a member for a couple of years but in that time I feel like a part of a community of fun, thoughtful, talented people. Everyone here brings perspectives from all sorts of backgrounds and different parts of the world.....and we all share a passion for Tdubs. It's such a fun and practical little motorcycle. Yup, I'm a member of the cult

Registered
That is a sweeeeeet pic in your avatar.

Thanks Brock! I love my DRZ SM, it is a great track bike/street bike. There is nothing greater than passing a $10,000 sportbike in a turn, now of course they get you back in the straights. I always joke with them stating, you just got passed by a dirtbike, lol.

Registered
Funny stories.

I can't post photo's from work anymore so I HAVE to do it from home. While at work, I'm occasionally looking throughout the day without signing on (I'm signed on right now though, ha ha). Then I'm the first one home from work/school and jump right on, but make sure I sign-off before the girls and wife get home. Then after dinner, I sign back on and act like it's the first time all day I've been on. However, (insert time on computer here) the wife say's I'm spending too much time on the computer (girls need to do homework or sumpin' like that), so I sign off for the night. Next morning I wake up at 0400 hundred and sign back on before I have to head for work. Sometimes, I actually view another website (Advrider of course) while I'm on the computer and even check my email.

So, no I'm not addicted!

Registered
Lol. I just checked and I have 397 pics in my Photobucket account.

Looks like 390 of them are of broken or modified TW parts, TW rides and "TW People".

No pics of the dawg, grandkid, my other bikes.

No signs of addiction here. Nope.

Registered
I am on here all the time... and yes this form has cost me a lot of money... My wife thinks I am nuts and is constantly telling me to get off the forum. I hate to admit this, but sometimes I tell her I am reading the news. Technically not a lie, I am reading your guy's news... So I think it is legit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts