TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have never been a cruiser rider (like standing on my pegs too much) but, I really, really wanted hard locking bags and tubeless tires for road trips. Seems I can't just buy a set of hard locking bags, have to get a motorcycle to hold em up :D

Yamaha 950 Star brand new.jpg
Yamaha 950 V-Star

·
Registered
796 Posts
Always great to get a new bike. I'm not a cruiser guy myself, but I sure value being able to carry "stuff" in
a water tight, lockable scene. Cruisers are good at carrying loads too. One of my customers has a V-star 1100
it's a nice riding bike. I don't know if the 950 is the same but the 1100 (2004) had a serious flaw in the drive shaft connectiont.
The nut holding the front universal joint to the output shaft can work loose. This allows the u joint to come off, often snapping off the
threads. It's a 9 hour job to change the output shaft. And the shaft is pricey. There is an alternative fix though. Be sure and check that nut and stake it in place.
There is great support for the Vstars, apparently popular in Australia

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always great to get a new bike. I'm not a cruiser guy myself, but I sure value being able to carry "stuff" in
a water tight, lockable scene. Cruisers are good at carrying loads too. One of my customers has a V-star 1100
it's a nice riding bike. I don't know if the 950 is the same but the 1100 (2004) had a serious flaw in the drive shaft connectiont.
The nut holding the front universal joint to the output shaft can work loose. This allows the u joint to come off, often snapping off the
threads. It's a 9 hour job to change the output shaft. And the shaft is pricey. There is an alternative fix though. Be sure and check that nut and stake it in place.
There is great support for the Vstars, apparently popular in Australia
Mine is a belt drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts