TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted this isn't specific to TW200s (or maybe it is) but I was wondering if anyone has some good adventure moto movies/series recommendations. I really dug all the stuff Charley Boorman has done, and you can get it all for free on Netflix and YouTube. Is there anything similar out there?

Thanks much.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You might like watching the BDR or Backcountry Discovery Route videos. They have made videos for several states, I own the WABDR (Washington) video. I see you are in Oregon, so you may be interested in checking out the Oregon route.

Backcountry Discovery Routes

Reactions: stephenmarklay

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm not sure if you ioncluded it in your Charley Boorman has done, but his two series with Ewan McGregor, Long way Round, and Long way Down, are both really great.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Charley also did his Dakar attempt as well. Then there is also the new "Why we ride" which is worth an watch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meant to say thanks to all of you. Yeah, I've seen the classics and the Long Way Round/Down series (incredible). I'll check out Why We Ride and BDR.

Cheers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I enjoyed "The Motorcycle Diaries" had to read subtitles though, and "Dust to Glory" but Dust to Glory is kind of a documentary if you will. Kind of like "Faster" is for Moto Gp

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you guys haven't seen Mondo Enduro and Terra Circa, run...don't walk (metaphor ally)...to the Aerostich website and order the DVDs. Awesome movies! They are done in the spirit of The Long Way. Only these came out a few years before. A bunch of English blokes ride DR350s around the world on a LOW budget. They make Boorman and McGreggor look like a couple of pussys. This is hardcore adventure riding taken to the extreme on small bikes. Well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's move from 1971 called Cycles South. It's pretty cheesy at times, but it's a nice look back at the early '70s.

It's on youtube:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Watched Mondo Enduro over the last several days, it was pretty good. I would easily watched many more hours of it if it was available.

Reactions: 50short

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cycles South was a great flick, even got erotic and psychedelic at times. What blew me away was how they just pointed in a direction and rode through whatever land they chose. Must have been an awesome time to ride with no restrictions, posted signs or credit checks required to swindle a bike dealer. LOL

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
There's move from 1971 called Cycles South. It's pretty cheesy at times, but it's a nice look back at the early '70s.

It's on youtube:
Yeah, I really dug this one. You gotta watch the whole movie on Netflix though. This isn't the whole movie, just a taste.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This is part 17 that grom just uploaded today. It's 15 minutes and if you like it, you will like the other 16 parts. These guys are nutz..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Here is the next one if anyone is interested

·
Registered
858 Posts
The Motorcycle Diaries. Its the backstory of Che Guevara and alberto granada traveling across south america on a motorcycle in 1952. Cinematography is flat gorgeous, and its an interesting film even if Che is not your hero. watched it abot 10 years ago and just put in my quue again tonite.

The Motorcycle Diaries (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

or for something different try the mouse and the motorcycle

Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

1 - 20 of 23 Posts