TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing about Scuba Diving all Dive operators require you to have Diver medical & chamber insurance so if you have an accident you will be taken care of, this also includes your body shipped home.
Do we have an Adventure rider Insurance plan?

Reactions: T-Dub Ken

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planning for Moab Paul?:D
No I am thinking about the Moab advanced group rides that is forming you included. I have seen many dive accidents in my 1,900 dives over twenty years and not one of them planed to have a accident or DIE!

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
I saw brochure at Hollister for "life flight insurance" that pays for the helicopter to go get you and take you to the hospital and even a twin turboprop ride if you have to go a long distance to a hospital. This was the outfit: CALSTAR | California Shock Trauma Air Rescue Ambulance Services | Home I know nothing about it other than it was $45 / year which if you have to use it will seem the best $45 you ever spent.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Over the years I have carried repatriation insurance when on remote climbing trips, but that was to get me flown back for medical care. I guess if I'm dead y'all can just plant me where I fall. :D
Borneo, I'm pretty sure on those high mountains they just leave you there. Like Mallory. :cold:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
We have a Spot tracker, which includes insurance for 1 person for the cost of Search & Rescue and extraction to a Medical facility. You can buy, which we do, additional coverage for another person for about $15 as I recall. Because we go to Mexico, we also have a separate policy (Medjet, I think?) that covers transport to a hospital at home once you are stabilized. That's an annual policy and I'm not exactly sure what it costs, but it seemed to be a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
13,734 Posts
In Moab...there will be no flying out of damaged humans.
Agreed, and there can be alternatives other than Life Flight if needed, though a roll reversal will be necessary. Evacuate the TW but leave the rider! :p

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
In Moab...there will be no flying out of damaged humans. We will stand around your injured body, warming ourselves from the last small amounts of heat that your body allows to escape from it, then once you have left your physical body.....one of the few people with a Cycle Rack will be volunteered to drag you crumbled body back to camp, where Mel...our resident Chef, will nicely slice and dice, add a few onions, scallions, some of yesterdays potatoes...and some large cloves of garlic to ward off the imminent smell of the rotting carcass....then we shall have you for dinner. Or...lunch...if it is early enough in the day.

:eek:
Does that come with Fava beans on the side?

Reactions: TWilight
1 - 11 of 11 Posts