TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. New member and looking for my first tw. I have a local opportunity for a 2014, 2500 miles, DG exhaust and a new front sprocket. Seems to be in great shape. DG pipe makes it a tad louder than I’d want. I’m always leery of aftermarket stuff that may have been installed improperly. So...good deal? Advice? Thanks in advance.
Price is $2650

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Huston, if you go for it be sure to get OE exhaust if he still has it.
If not, hammer him for $200 off so you can get a replacement.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey gang. New member and looking for my first tw. I have a local opportunity for a 2014, 2500 miles, DG exhaust and a new front sprocket. Seems to be in great shape. DG pipe makes it a tad louder than I’d want. I’m always leery of aftermarket stuff that may have been installed improperly. So...good deal? Advice? Thanks in advance.
Price is $2650
Exhaust is small thing on these bikes. Price sounds fair enough. If you can grab it for $2500 if he doesn't have the stock pipe, even better ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That’s a great deal and how I bought my two bikes cheap. The carbs weren’t tuned for the exhaust and the bikes were running crappy but I knew I could easily fix them. I learned how to tune them here on this forum. I also installed the smallest quiet core incert to reduce the noise. With proper tuning they will run slightly better than stock but at a fuel use penalty. My signature line has the settings that worked for me. I no longer have my bikes. Yes get the stock pip if they have it. I liked the sound of the DG pipes and not too loud with the quiet core incert and a helmet on. Just my opinion.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, he doesn’t have the stick pipe and he said he’s at his bottom dollar. My wife seems ok with it so I think I may pull the trigger. I’m not sure losing it over that much cash is worth it. I’ve had a dr650 and enjoyed it but for somebody reason I’m even more excited about this little bugger!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well, he doesn’t have the stick pipe and he said he’s at his bottom dollar. My wife seems ok with it so I think I may pull the trigger. I’m not sure losing it over that much cash is worth it. I’ve had a dr650 and enjoyed it but for somebody reason I’m even more excited about this little bugger!
If it's in good shape, go for it. You will NOT regret it!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I paid $2,300 for a 2001 with 600 miles on her. I have been so happy! She is addictive though... Like a typical woman she likes to go shopping and get all decked out in new outfits! Go for it, especially with your wife's blessing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts