TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Pretty cool. Hopefully not too heavy. I'm wary of anything over 500cc for dual sport. I test drove a Honda with Dual clutch trans.
Really liked it, will let me keep riding when arthritis stops me from riding bikes with shifters here soon.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Oh yeah. Me likey. Gonna be way too tall I'm sure:(

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I'll put that on my bucket list for my next life. ;). I'm amazed how well they ride in sand and there bikes are off the charts. Thanks for sharing
Rick

·
Registered
38 Posts
So what do some of the more experienced guys here think of the new Honda CB500X with the Adventure package from Rally Raid? If I can swing it, this might be my new bike.

11164587_1093449674005506_7450177213944715915_n.jpg

My plan is to buy in the lower 48 used, add the Rally Raid package at my dad's shop, and ride it back to Alaska. If I do it right, I could be complete for under $8000.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I double that! The cb500 x is a very nice bike. Light, agile, great ergonomics and a very smoth zippy little engine. For my the Africa Twin would be pretty well paved roads only...I just love the ergonomics of an adventure bike.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
So what do some of the more experienced guys here think of the new Honda CB500X with the Adventure package from Rally Raid? If I can swing it, this might be my new bike.

View attachment 17455

My plan is to buy in the lower 48 used, add the Rally Raid package at my dad's shop, and ride it back to Alaska. If I do it right, I could be complete for under $8000.
This has been on my short list since before the Rally Raid package was announced. We North America folks owe the gents across the pond for this package coming about. Those boy's have been modifying their X's for years now.

Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
My family's still in Montana, north of Missoula. My dad sold off most of the farm and works out of his shop as an farm equipment mechanic. He doesn't need to work nearly as hard, but he makes twice the money and he's three times as happy! I figured it would make for a great trip to put the bike together there, test it out on some of the old logging roads I know in the area, and then ride back home to Fairbanks.

I looked at the 650 singles, and I owned a DR650 for a few years. I was amazed at how much easier it is to ride the TW for extended periods over that old DR. Someone told me that often times the larger thumpers produce vibrations that are actually harder on you while riding than the smaller engines will. While the TW certainly vibrates at high speeds, I don't find it nearly as fatiguing. I'm hoping that the parallel twin is the same way. At least I know it puts out a little over 50 horse with 477(?) cc's. The BMW 650 does 50 flat, and like I told the sales guy at the dealership, "It's not a Honda."

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Just wish they made these bikes with a low seat height. With an inseam of 29 inches and bad knees most of them are just too dang tall and I can't find any knobbies for the Ultra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts