TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride with a friend of mine plus 3 other guys we met on the ADVrider forum. We had a blast! Not even 5 minutes into the woods I fell, but only bent my gearshift. Didn't fall other than that but a few close calls. Forded a good size stream even. We rode in the towns of Sand Lake, Wynantskill, and Grafton, NY. TW did great. In the 1st pic we were parked on the asphalt of an old race track from the 1930s that's just sitting out there in the woods. In the 3rd pic, we stopped to help some fellow riders, as one of them had a flat. Between all of us we had the tools to help them get back riding again.

7.17.16_1.jpg 7.17.16_2.jpg 7.17.16_3.jpg 7.17.16_4.jpg 7.17.16_5.jpg

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to be off road,
How did the TW do?
Did it meet your expectations?
I thought it did well. A little lacking in suspension but the stock gearing worked extremely well. My TW203 front tire worked well in everything but the real slick stuff. Had no trouble keeping with the other bikes in the group. Went up and down some scary hills. It's amazing just how much the bike is like riding my old Big Bear 400. Sounds the same, geared very similar, etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like a fantastic day o' fun! I have the same tires and can do just about anything except serious mud. However, in other hands, I have seen Q handle epic mud despite the racing slicks. Good for you! Glad you and your two wheel tractor had a great time!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last night I cleaned my chain with WD40, then lubed it with chain lube. Then used the WD40 soaked blue paper towel to wipe down my wheels and boy did it make them look nice! I think I'm going to wipe down the rest of it with WD40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts