TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three things have become apparent:

1) I really need to install the taller handle bars I bought for it in January that are sitting on my work bench.
2) I have to pull the plug out of the carburetor so I can adjust the mixture a bit richer. It pops out the exhaust every time I let up on the throttle.
3) A seat concepts foam and cover kit are mandatory for my skinny old arse. I removed the passenger strap as it always seems to be 1/2 the way under my butt and folding just enough to hurt like hell after an hour or so. I'd really like to know who actually uses the passenger strap on this bike or any for that matter. Most passenger I've ever ridden have held onto my waist. I think they are mostly designed and positioned by the Spanish Inquisition :LOL:

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
I thought the seat strap was to secure envelopes when on a postal run. Spanish Inquisition, that's funny.

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, now you tell me:ROFLMAO: It did come in handy when backing the bike up but it gave me a super size case of monkey butt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Three things have become apparent:

1) I really need to install the taller handle bars I bought for it in January that are sitting on my work bench.
2) I have to pull the plug out of the carburetor so I can adjust the mixture a bit richer. It pops out the exhaust every time I let up on the throttle.
3) A seat concepts foam and cover kit are mandatory for my skinny old arse. I removed the passenger strap as it always seems to be 1/2 the way under my butt and folding just enough to hurt like hell after an hour or so. I'd really like to know who actually uses the passenger strap on this bike or any for that matter. Most passenger I've ever ridden have held onto my waist. I think they are mostly designed and positioned by the Spanish Inquisition :LOL:
Had mine 3 weeks now and I used bar risers to mount under stock bars which are easier to install and I just bought this seat pad, like it!
Mad Dog ATV Comfort Ride Seat Protector 2000012623 26% Off

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thx FG and KLRCris-I looked it up on Seat Concepts and nice but pricey for my taste. Might consider it more if it came with the pan. Next will be SS pegs but other than that little bit of upgrading, I feel good narrowing my wants and likes down to the TW200.
I just sold my 1800 Goldwing and have owned a 1500 for twenty years plus many other bikes, DR350 skinniest seat-that bike needed it badly and especially cuz had a sixth gear! Ran 80 all over the place, however butts be butts and mine gets tired on any comfort after an hour. Conditioning is a factor just like a riding a skinny seat bicycle for miles if not used to it but I bought the Dub to have a bit of fun offroad and not for riding distance on a roadway. I know the Mad dog is cheap but it seems to add a little width where needed for my liking. Thx again.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If the popping when chopping the throttle continues after you adjust the screw, then try going to the #34 pilot jet, up from the stock #31. It really solved my popping and also made cold starts much easier and warm up a lot faster. Now it only needs choke when it is actually cold out.
I have extra #35 pilot jets coming I would send you if you want to try a #35 if your popping doesn't clear up. The place I bought them sells 12 of them for $10.50 total with shipping! But the smallest size is #35. Figured that would be close enough. I'll have to test when they arrive though to be sure.
Just let me know if you do want one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts