TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

aftermarket carbs?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Badgerflorida 
#1 ·
Tl;dr is this carb any good please tell me in the comments

hello I have a 1998 tw200 and I live at sea level and the bike runs waaaayyyyy too lean. I removed the brass cap which covered the mixture screw and it was a big mistake. now the bike has an even worse bog and overheats way too fast. I was wondering if this carb was any good?

this is the carb
amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y2ZHCNZ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=ADYGGS8N6EAC2&psc=1

anyway best of luck to you all

#2 ·
If you have ruled out your current carb, these replacements have worked for me in the past. I can’t speak to the exact carb in your link but have used 8 of these all from different vendors. I had one that I needed to return (because of mid range stumble) and it’s replacement was fine. And I had one that was not properly assembled that I repaired before I installed and it was fine. The one in the picture in your link is missing the choke knob and rod so if it was me I’d choose a different one.

If you choose one of these knock-off carbs, do your research because you’ll need to move the throttle cables to the other side of the bike and you’ll need newer style carb boots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.