TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Dozerash, these are meant to replace the original footpegs which are very skinny/small for most riders. Personally I found the easiest way is to remove the entire bracket holding the footpegs onto the bike. If you are sitting on the bike the right side has 2 bolts with a Allen key head and the left side has 1 bolt with a standard 6 point head. Of course everything on the bike is metric although sometimes you can get SAE tools to work but I suggest the proper metric size tools would be better for you. After you remove the brackets it helps if you have a bench vise to hold the brackets. For disassembly you remove the cotter pin and then slide out the shaft holding the footpeg to the bracket. Take note of how the spring is set-up and to reinstall I had to use a awl to line the spring up to reinsert the pin into the assembly. I also rounded off the pin on a grinder to allow it to be easier to install. It may sound complicated but it is not. Try one side first and see how it goes. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is the aftermarket foot peg springs mount totally different than the stock ones. I tried mounting them the pegs fit nicely but the springs bind up and won’t let the pegs fold down properly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The problem is the aftermarket foot peg springs mount totally different than the stock ones. I tried mounting them the pegs fit nicely but the springs bind up and won’t let the pegs fold down properly.
Correct. See my post above for the adapter mounts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought in installed the same footpegs (but from Amazon.ca): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00C3061YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I read about the problem with the hole for the spring, but it seems they read the reviews because those I received already had 2 holes on one of the pegs. I installed them yesterday and they went in like a charm. I should have taken a photo before...

I don't know if the manufacturer dit the modification or if it's the vendor. Maybe that's why they're more expensive from this vendor?

Edit: after comparing the pictures they're not the same I think.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I bought aftermarket foot pegs for my 09 TW from Amazon, they look decent for the price. But I guess I need to drill a hole somewhere for the new pegs? There isn’t any directions. I haven’t had time to figure it out yet. Anyone use these before?
Foot Peg Rearset Fits Yamaha... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q81RSHN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
If they are like the ones I got, you only have to drill a hole in the right hand one....or is it the left? It's not difficult to suss out if you do one side at a time.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Anybody have any experience with these ProCycle foot peg doobies?

They weld onto the stock footpegs and add 1/2 inch, length & width.
I like small(er) pegs and these look about right.

Any issues?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thanks, RDW...that's good enough for me!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought aftermarket foot pegs for my 09 TW from Amazon, they look decent for the price. But I guess I need to drill a hole somewhere for the new pegs? There isn’t any directions. I haven’t had time to figure it out yet. Anyone use these before?
Foot Peg Rearset Fits Yamaha... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q81RSHN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
You can dogleg the spring on the side that the hole is drilled in the wrong spot for the TW. Took about 5 seconds with pliers to do this and they function perfectly.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Roger that Tom. Got some from cyclegear, just bent the spring a smidge with pliers and they work perfect. Lift up and snap back just as well, probably easier than stock.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I just bought in installed the same footpegs (but from Amazon.ca): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00C3061YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I read about the problem with the hole for the spring, but it seems they read the reviews because those I received already had 2 holes on one of the pegs. I installed them yesterday and they went in like a charm. I should have taken a photo before...

I don't know if the manufacturer dit the modification or if it's the vendor. Maybe that's why they're more expensive from this vendor?

These pegs have a box shaped instead of solid. I have the same box shaped ones and required the top edges be ground down to fold properly. Happy with them for the price but the other style wouldn't require as much modding and in turn less rusting where I ground off the coating. I folded the spring and got it to work without drilling.

·
Registered
264 Posts

I recently bought these, and LOVE them, especially for the price. Mine did NOT come with two holes, but it took me less than 5min to drill a new hole so that the stock springs fit in perfectly. They have performed nicely, and even stopped my bike from damage by slowing the bike and digging into the dirt/grass... and they haven't broken yet. I mean, for $30, you can't beat these—you could buy like 4-sets of these for the price of the "nicer" ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts