TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Do you touch the bulb it's self while changing ??????????????? Because that leaves oil on the glass and creates a hot spot on the glass enough to burn it out................ If that's not it I got nuttin' (o; Good luck. OMM

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
What is your bulb wattage?

Bulbs don'like being confined in those little headlight housings and the heat burns them out.

They dont much like vibration, either. A lot of those Bates knockoffs do not have rubber isolators in their mounts.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have tried a 2 different wattage bulbs. The original bulb that came with the headlight burnt out after about 2 months of use. I could not find the same watt bulb so I used a more common, slightly higher watt (can't remember the watts off the top of my head). That one lasted a little longer and now it is burnt out. I also failed to add that it is the low beam that died. I still have high beam. I suppose heat could do it. This lamp is a Bates lamp I think, and there is a rubber thing that sits in there where the bulb goes in.

I guess I will just keep changing them for now and look into a different headlight at some point.

Bart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts