TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished reading a build thread that describes how to wire aftermarket blinkers and I'm running into the same issue with having the aftermarket blinkers only having a + and - lead. This is fine for the rear blinkers as they plugged right in and worked but the front OEM blinkers have three leads. I ordered a bunch of diodes (1N4001) 50v - 1Amp. And wired everything up as you mentioned in your thread...I'm still only getting the front signals on constantly and can't get them to blink? Feel like assisting? I'm wiring everything up as instructed in the attached picture

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried this also. You need a resistor to make the light dim when the blinker is on. The resistor makes it seem like there is a regular bulb in there. I had a smitload of resistors and tried a bunch but wasn't satisfied with the way it works. You also need an LED flasher relay too to slow the blinker down.They're cheap on eBay. Just google something like 3 to 2 or 2 to 3 led signal lights and you'll find something.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Are you trying to retain the running light feature? I just have the blink function wires hooked to the red and ground to ground. I used some other lights to make up the running lights. Also Im using a ground kit to make it so the leds dont all blink together from backfeed. ill put a link to that below. In addition I have the led flasher and an led dash light.

PRODUCTS

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought by law I had to retain the running light feature of the blinker? I also thought the diode would take care of the backfeed?
I'm not familiar with the LED flasher??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, why do I need to replace the relay? The back new led blinkers plugged right in and work and flash correctly.

·
Registered
816 Posts
by law you do have to have the running lights. I have some mounted elsewhere, but around here nobody really seems to care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts