TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nearest Yamaha dealer is over 50 miles away from me. Is it OK to use an aftermarket oil filter for the TW200 instead of the OEM part number 5HO-13440-09-00 ?

If the answer is yes, does anyone have suggestions as to a high quality replacement part?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The nearest Yamaha dealer is over 50 miles away from me. Is it OK to use an aftermarket oil filter for the TW200 instead of the OEM part number 5HO-13440-09-00 ?

If the answer is yes, does anyone have suggestions as to a high quality replacement part?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, aftermarket is fine. Just make sure you compare the slots and holes on the end to those of the stock filter and make sure they are the same. Then use the oil check bolt on the head to ensure oil flow after installation.

I've been using the bikemaster brand on my TW. I got mine from Chaparral, but I'm sure there are plenty of other sources.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/bikemaster-oil-filter/317-1618.aspx?year=2006&make=YAMAHA&model=TW 200

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hiflo filters are good quality.

They meet the very tough German TUV standard.

Hiflo hf143 is the one for TW's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The filter on my 2002, is made of wire screen I just wash it out and use it again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts