TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for an aftermarket seat for my TW that is a little more comfortable. I want a single-person seat, like a banana seat, but everything I have found is in Japan (as usual for this bike as you all know). but I was wondering if anyone knew of a seat that would fit that I could order here in the states.

Thanks for your input in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I looked at chopping my seat up and remaking it to look the way I want, but I want it small because I want to chop the back piece of my frame off that sticks out. This would mean I'd cut the bolt holes for my seat off and I would need another way of bolting my seat on.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I just put a kawasaki 1500 seat on mine. A nice saddle for the fanny. I ride single so it works for me. What I did was just take the oem seat off, made a plate that tucks up into the place the oem seat tab goes, made it long enough to go back to the two bolts at the rear and followed the plastic sides. It fits flush with the frame with a slight bend. The seat has a flat area that I uses some good wood screws to attach it to the plate. It is a lot more comfortable, less vibration, and leaves a larger area for a rack. I plan to make a rack that follows the seat contour to the rear. If I could figure out how to post pics I would. Can't seem to get them out of photobucket, prompts don't seem to work. could send by E-mail if anyone likes. PM me;.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I pulled my Harley seat off the other day and held it up, wiggled it, turned it, and tried to figure out how to make it work and gave up, but this gives me some ideas. It is easy to take the seat off the Harley (one exposed phillips screw) but I need it to easily go on the TW. I ride at least one of them everyday, at least try. I've re-done all the padding on it for now but haven't ridden it yet. Under the Walmart mat I now have some foam from a kneeling garden pad, some bags with pillow foam in them (cut up some jeans and made bags from the legs). I also have two memory foam pads that I haven't tried yet. One is a neck type that I figure I could use with my tailbone and the other is a approximately 10" x 10". I'll try what I have now and then try the memory foam and then figure what combination works the best. I think at that point I'll order some seat covering and make a seat...hopefully for the last time. I have a 2000 mile road trip coming up next week on my Harley and think I will put the 10" x 10" memory pad on the seat and see if it helps me ride longer per day. I'll report on my findings in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try Seat Concepts...great improvement over stock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts