TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my TW had a broken speedo so got one from eBay for a price that was good. Has LEDs and looks good if you ask me. So when I was wiring it up and testing things out, I noticed that my neutral light would not go out when I put it in gear. From what I have read, the sky blue leads to the relay/switch/meter light. When I test the connection from the switch to the connection under the seat, I get no reading when it is in neutral. Is that supposed to be hot like the others if its in neutral?I did have the cover off and I'm 99% sure I didn't pinch the wire. Should I bite the bullet and take the cover back off, test the switch and order another gasket? And the switch if needed? I don't have the clutch or kickstand on right now but I don't think that would make the neutral light stay on. I think I pinched the wire or bad neutral switch.

I hate electrical stuff

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after tearing the side cover off I am led to believe it is the neutral switch. There is power running to it but when I put it in gear there is still power to it. Will order one and report back.

·
Registered
386 Posts
did the light go out or still on? if its still on it is because the neutral switch breaks the ground not the live, I've only found 1 speedo with LED's that will work so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts