TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hoping i could get some help i put on some mini turn signals on my 2004 tw after braking a front one when i wired up the fronts i didnt hook up the blue because theres no running light on these but for some reason all the new aftermarket blinkers work except the front left its hooked up just like the right i know it works is this an issue with not hoooking up the running lights any help appreciated

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Perhaps check the left light's bullet connectors for a good tight fit into the TW's wiring harness.
There are also several nominal bullet connector sizes encountered on these aftermarket lights. A set of LEDs I bought came with 0.110" bullet connectors I believe which I had to replace with I either 0.156" or 0.157" to get a satisfactory fit...or was it the 0.180s, I forget.
Ohhh, the senility of it all.:D
I trust the micrometer more than my memory these days.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not connecting the running lights is not an issue...just cap off the wires.
If bulb is good and socket contact is good, check for voltage to bulb contact and then check that socket shell has a good ground.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
it's because you are installing leds. the front signals get there ground through the dash bulb and they only work in one direction. lots of info in previous posts on led signals

i'd explain further, but i usually get over run, so i'm sure someone else will be along to explain

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
I like SportsterDoc's #4 post, remove lens and bulb and test confirm that a pulsating 12v hot signal and a good steady ground are present at the socket.
While you have the multimeter out one could also check resistance across bulb's fillimaent even if it has already passed a visual inspection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha what a dummy when installing new turn signals i accidently pulled out the connector in wiring harness mystery solved thanks everyone

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Hey, I did that too! But then I am but a simple person of the land...you know, a ....
At least you didn't take it to a $100/hr mechanic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im very mechanical i always encourage people to do it themselves im no brain surgeon and neither are the guys at the shop and we get it done if you dont fail you never have the opportunity to fix mistakes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts