TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been thinking about getting a new helmet I have an old one that I used to use for 4wheeling. One of my buddies bought an afx 37ds and he absolutely loves it just wondering what you fellas in the T-dub world think of these helmets and/or recommendations on other helmets

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/afx-fx-39-dual-sport-helmet

Z-Dub on a T-Dub
I've got one, its fine for knocking around in the woods. I don't use the face shield. Lid lifts at anything above 40mph though

·
Registered
6 Posts
lid-hat-helmet

Removing the visor would indeed eliminate any lift problems. It's designed to allow some airlflow through the visor and the helmet, but it's not really great at higher speeds.

n.e.illinois, what are you calling "lid"?

Perhaps the lift problem would be cured by using the "flat black side-covers and screw plug for shield use without the visor"? I take the visors off helmets, anyway. My riding buddies and I don't get off on roosting each other, so the visor isn't really necessary for us. Do you think offing the visor would solve the "lift" problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.