TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a AG 200 that dies after about 10 mins of riding, I have found it to be an electrical issue as there is no spark, then I wait for 10 mins and it goes again but only for about a minute then it dies, if I let the bike cool down it will then run for 10 mins again etc etc.

I have searched the net for a diagnosis and get many answers as to what it could be, coil, stator, plug cap, cdi etc

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what was the remedy?

also are the cheap coils you find on ebay any good or am I better going genuine?

btw this ag 200 is the older 6 volt version with many klm clocked up.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Mobil 1 4T Racing Oil is great in these little engines. It is synthetic though. Are you running regular oil in it now?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yo, pooper scooper, what did oil have to do with this thread. :p It is COILS we are talking about, not OIL. :D

BTW, regular Mobil 1...in the silver plastic bottle, is just as good in these engines as the Mobil 1 4T Racing oil...but costs less.
*Derail* Mike, aren't there different additives in the standard that could adversely affect the clutch?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
If oil is labeled "Energy conserving" avoid it , UNLESS your in a REAL bind . Additives in automobile oils can have an adverse effect / affect on the clutch . Use motorcycle specific oil .
AND.....yes , use a quality coil on said machine or , you will see this condition again......we'll worth the extra $$$ .

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Hey AGman!!! Haven't seen you for what seems like a year or more..? How about stopping by more often bro? You always have good helpful info for us! Thanks! :D

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Hey AGman!!! Haven't seen you for what seems like a year or more..? How about stopping by more often bro? You always have good helpful info for us! Thanks! :D
Agman, I only now discovered your Ag200 blog.

Excellent and informative.

:icon_thumright:

jb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts