TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning the carb on the $50 wonder I managed to snap off one of the ears that the float is pinned to....any ideas? Bought it for a parts bike but I can't just let it sit there not running...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Flathats, Winn Cycles, Miami FL has a direct aftermarket carb that will work on your bike for approx. $35.00. Their phone number is; 1-800-768-6708. Ask for Tony.

Last winter I ordered 2 of their carbs for 2 Honda Trail 90s I was working on. They both work great and bolted right on. Or you can go to their website and order on line; Winncycle.com

Mark

·
Registered
20,182 Posts
Don't worry, you are not the first to break float pin mounting ear. Common mistake. There are several old posts explaining how to properly remove pin to access float valve and that pesky screen on top of valve that likes to get gummed up and cause grief. Anyone attempting carb work might want to research forums archived posts for helpful tips.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finding myself doing more and more of that....good thing I have unlimited data on my phone....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been busy....gonna try the ole JB Weld...just to see if the $50 Wonder warrants a new carb...

·
Registered
20,182 Posts
Flathats, I was just thinking about JBWeld for that problem. They say the true test of someone's intelligence is how much they agree with you;)
Your photo is blurry but looks like fractured post has been repaired already. Maybe add more JBWeld as a filet all around fractured area? Run proper size drill bit from intact post through repaired post to make sure everything is axially aligned and clean correct diameter before clean-up and reassembly?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gonna try the JB Weld and Fred I appreciate the idea of adding a little more in the break... Ski I think I'm gonna order some of that stuff anyway I could use it on another things around the farm...

·
Registered
145 Posts
No its not, none of those cheap Chinese carbs are two way pull. To fix your carb correctly I would drill down on both parts, thread them, then use some all thread to screw them back together and use jb weld to lock it into place. This way you don't rely on the JB to take the shear load of that pin.

EDIT: nvm I see now where it broke. I would totally braze that back up then re-drill the hole.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts