TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Westie,
I just finished chinking the exterior. It's three levels. (basement-main-upper) about 1050sqft. It still needs about 4-5 more windows cut in. The truck "was" a M35A3 that I removed the rear axle and shortened the bed 36in. So instead of being a Deuce-N-Half....it's now my Half-A-Deuce. I also have two other stock M35A2's that I'd sure like to pedal. They're just the kind of vehicle that you want with fuel prices what they are. :rolleyes:
Our Wildfire season just got started and so far its been quiet....unlike New Mexico just to the South. We sure could use some of the excess rain that you say you're getting every day.
I hope SnowFox reports in soon. :cool:
Sky Building Snow Window Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
It appeared to be overcast today. We had a really good breeze going. The guys I was working with were talking about being so hot. I have been feeling cool. The temp on the truck in the shade on the grass was 100 f. The humidity being dry enough to cool you has been great. Normally it is so humid you are soaking wet with no evaporation. So a 100 degree day with 98% humidity, now that's really hot. We get those more in August. Texas heat around the Houston area.
Just got home about hour or so ago, and temp was showing only mid-80's, but the humidity.....DAYUM!! About take your breath away. Felt like mid-90's......at 11PM!!!

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I don't have a Hammock but the cabin is coming along nicely. Every time I go up to work on it...I end up grabbing one of the TW's and go riding instead. I'm at 9000ft near Cotopaxi CO. View attachment 227393
Beautiful log home!! And, cool azz truck!!

Color wise....reminds me of the 'ol Lincoln Logs back when I was a kid in the 70's building log houses. :)

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Just got home about hour or so ago, and temp was showing only mid-80's, but the humidity.....DAYUM!! About take your breath away. Felt like mid-90's......at 11PM!!!
And THAT, my friend, is why I put up with California politics. It hit a high of 88 here today with a humidity of 16% at 4pm. At 10pm it's now down to 71 and humidity of 25%. Supposed to cool down to the 60's this weekend, then back up to the 80's next week. Life is fine in the spring and early summer here in sunny California.
BTW, here's a link to my weather station at the house;

Here's a time lapse of my weather cam;
That's me getting my truck ready for a camping trip with the TW200 running around in some of the frames. Also note the front hitch rack on the truck that will carry my TW. Life can be great sometimes!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
It’s been raining every damn day in my part of Oregon! The new formula of Scotchguard doesn’t work at all. I just bought a case of the old formula from 10 years ago. But I love my new state and don’t miss the mosquitoes back east at all! I’m like Workingman, super reactive on my skin as well.

I ride somewhere (usu. to the bar) just about every day; sometimes off-road; always both. Lol. P
We need you to send some rain to Texas. It's getting very dry here.

·
Registered
421 Posts
And THAT, my friend, is why I put up with California politics. It hit a high of 88 here today with a humidity of 16% at 4pm. At 10pm it's now down to 71 and humidity of 25%. Supposed to cool down to the 60's this weekend, then back up to the 80's next week. Life is fine in the spring and early summer here in sunny California.
BTW, here's a link to my weather station at the house;

Here's a time lapse of my weather cam;
That's me getting my truck ready for a camping trip with the TW200 running around in some of the frames. Also note the front hitch rack on the truck that will carry my TW. Life can be great sometimes!
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant
Doing it with my truck too Ski!! I use high-powered bicycle lights for the rare drives at night. P

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I look at that rig and it looks like it does near everything that we require of our little 30 year old Toyota motorhome. Might be slightly smaller for two people but I think you have a winner. Wish I could carry a bike on the front, but it's just too weenie.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts