TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have not been on here as often as I used to be, but to all who offered encouragement to me for getting the air brake thing done, thank you very much. I am still driving school bus, but also driving a dump truck part time between morning and afternoon routes. Tiring, but it's all good.

Tom in Wichita

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Congratulations on upgrading your commercial license Tom.
With more money but less time will you ever get that Moto Guzzi Police Special back together now?
When I helped a friend move last year he tried to get me to take at least one of his 5 piles of dis-assembled Motto Guzzis as payment. I resisted.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about having an expert do the El Dorado either for money, or for something special (lol) traded. I wonder if he would like a TW????? I have two of them. I'm actually looking for something small (200 cc's or smaller) for my grandsons to ride. There was a Honda SL125 on CL fairly cheap locally, but it was gone the night I texted the seller. The grandsons are 13 and 16, and the 16 year old has ridden one of my TW's, so he's good to go. My son and I are on the lookout.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred, you always find and post the greatest pics and vids. A lot of "Police" El Dorado's were sold here in the USA that were not used by the various police departments. I have to assume that mine is one of these. There is a great forum for "loopframe" Guzzi's on the internet. I belong to one of them, but haven't visited for a long time. I do love the old Guzzi's though.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
From "Harold and Maude" on the old Dumbarton Bridge.

I rode across the bridge (on my Honda 160) a few days after they did this scene and saw the donuts marks on the asphalt. I remember thinking to myself "What idiot did this?" Then I saw the movie and it all made sense.

BTW the CHP has gold colored helmets.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Harold and Maude was a great movie, made me want my very own E-type hearse, but only with a younger girlfriend.
Bet elime can recognize many a scene from the San Francisco's Bay Area and Penninsula.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Bet elime can recognize many a scene from the San Francisco's Bay Area and Penninsula.
Many many places in the movie.

The first time I saw the movie was just after I moved to Boston. I was homesick as much as I thought anyone could be. After seeing the movie I realized what homesickness was. Suffice it to say I got over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts