TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here I have a new 2011 has 900 miles on it so far . Love this site has taught me a lot about this bike anyways I went to clean the air filter on my bike and there was quite a bit of oil came running out is that normal?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Engine heat will cause most of the excess oil from the air cleaner to deposit in the bottom of the airbox. There's a drain for that under the airbox. Looks like a short piece of plastic tubing, flattened on one end.

It's "normal" but most of it can be avoided by not over-oiling the air cleaner after you clean it.

Within reason it does no harm and has a minor side benefit in that it traps dust particles that might get past the main filter.

If a float sticks the airbox and crankcase can fill with gas/oil mixture, which is a whole other ballgame. Makes sure it's just oil.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info
this is my first motorbike have owned atvs and own a rhino . My only regret with the tdub is not owning one years ago! I love this bike :) now I just got to keep my girlfriend from slashing the tires! She is pretty jealous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts