TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Air-Flo seat cover in the mail and as much as I hate to admit that I'm a super dweeb, I need advice. After a simple installation on the seat it fit nicely, but the seat itself is now too high to screw back into place with the cover tucked beneath the edges. If you don't tuck the cover inside, it balloons like clown pants.
Do I need to find a 6 foot, 400 lb guy to sit on it while I screw it down or what?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Would a couple bags of feed on the seat help to settle it down? Sit it in the sun for a spell?

Those seat bolts can be a pain to reinstall even stock. Some replace the bolt with a piece of threaded rod that stays in the seat and makes it easier to find the holes. Then nuts and washers underneath. Some even go with a tethered cotter pin arrangement.

Another variation is to forego the bolts altogether and run saddlebags with straps that go atop the rear portion of the seat.

Some just leave the bolts out. Sitting on the bike is good enough to retain the seat while riding but towing needs another solution.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would a couple bags of feed on the seat help to settle it down? Sit it in the sun for a spell?

Those seat bolts can be a pain to reinstall even stock. Some replace the bolt with a piece of threaded rod that stays in the seat and makes it easier to find the holes. Then nuts and washers underneath. Some even go with a tethered cotter pin arrangement.

Another variation is to forego the bolts altogether and run saddlebags with straps that go atop the rear portion of the seat.

Some just leave the bolts out. Sitting on the bike is good enough to retain the seat while riding but towing needs another solution.
Why is every little thing so friggin complicated? o_O

·
Registered
588 Posts
This product piqued my interest. I've sent an email to the company asking about it's compatibility with a Seat Concepts tall seat.

I've approached the problem from a different angle, synthetic compression shorts and have been happy so far with the improvement over cotton.

It does look like it might retain sand & dust on a long ride though.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This product piqued my interest. I've sent an email to the company asking about it's compatibility with a Seat Concepts tall seat.

I've approached the problem from a different angle, synthetic compression shorts and have been happy so far with the improvement over cotton.

It does look like it might retain sand & dust on a long ride though.
Excellent! I really wanna try this product. Swamp arse: the struggle is real. Seat Concepts is on my bucket list too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
No, the jacket is a Rev'IT Sand 4 and down here, it's much too hot for 100° days. Currently I'm sporting just armor and an over t-shirt.

I'm hoping it will help on those Fall days that start out cool and have me shedding layers by mid-morning.

The pad I found on the advrider forum.

·
Registered
588 Posts
2 ways. Become nocturnal. Even your most familiar trails look completely different at night. And what are all those glowing red eyes?

Or get up early and be done by 1100.

For me, June, July and August are paybacks for tooling around in a t-shirt on Christmas Day!

Got in a ride yesterday and went down an overlooked trail and discovered a very nice camping spot that I hope to exploit with my heeler once it cools down.

You conquered Mt Withington yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just got the Air-Flo seat cover in the mail and as much as I hate to admit that I'm a super dweeb, I need advice. After a simple installation on the seat it fit nicely, but the seat itself is now too high to screw back into place with the cover tucked beneath the edges. If you don't tuck the cover inside, it balloons like clown pants.
Do I need to find a 6 foot, 400 lb guy to sit on it while I screw it down or what?
Just a quick thought off the top of my head. Have thought of wrapping a couple of ratcheting tie-downs over the seat and around the frame to compress the seat. Or somehow fasten them to the ground to compress the seat. Just thinking out loud here.
Something kind of like this:
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick thought off the top of my head. Have thought of wrapping a couple of ratcheting tie-downs over the seat and around the frame to compress the seat. Or somehow fasten them to the ground to compress the seat. Just thinking out loud here.
Something kind of like this: View attachment 228377
I will try it with my tie downs. Right now I can't even get the front part of the seat to fit under the latch. :cautious:

·
Super Moderator
15,703 Posts
Excellent! I really wanna try this product. Swamp arse: the struggle is real. Seat Concepts is on my bucket list too.
"Swamp arse: the struggle is real". Bwahaha So, so true! I'll have to remember this one!

@Smoke, I never had thought of a tie-down or ratchet strap idea. Good one.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh yes! "Discovered" it on a Rubber Chicken Ride back in '17 and used it's 10K elevation to fine tune my jetting.

If you time it right and come in through Bear Trap in the fall, there are days where there is a constant "rain" of falling leaves. Good place for a nap, listening to patter of falling leaves.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figured it out, thanks to Smoke's tie down idea and lots of manipulation with a hoof pick.

Now that it's installed I hate it. No matter how tight you stretch the cover, there's a bulge of excess material on either side of the narrow part of the seat such that I cannot grip the tank with my knees. I'm sending the dang thing back. It's a very good idea, but IMHO it doesn't fit properly.
I have a contact request in to the company just in case there's a solution. Thanks everyone for your awesome help as usual. :love:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts