TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Okay.... this is going to be a really tuff job... but, I think I can fix it up for you.

From the sound of things, it will be a two or three week job requiring constant attention.

I'll need a place to park my RV with full hookups. :)

View attachment 228380
Come on down!! Honestly, you'd never want to leave. But bring yer pants. The rattlesnakes love bare legs. 😂😅😂

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Some replace the bolt with a piece of threaded rod that stays in the seat and makes it easier to find the holes. Then nuts and washers underneath.
My '17 I bought was already done like this. Not to mention I have the Manrack on it as well, and that adds to the seat sitting a tad higher as well (mounts at the seat mount brackets). Even with the threaded studs placed this way.....when I put the Airflo cover on mine it was a PIA, but I got it.

You can do it Snow! Just gonna take some patience & finagling. Maybe find something semi-heavy to sit on the seat to kinda help keep it down enough, then slight movements with the seat until you can get the bolts started.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've approached the problem from a different angle, synthetic compression shorts and have been happy so far with the improvement over cotton.

It does look like it might retain sand & dust on a long ride though.
And, if said compression shorts are padded....... (y)

It does, but you just rinse/wash it off. No need to remove.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I will try it with my tie downs. Right now I can't even get the front part of the seat to fit under the latch. :cautious:
Yes, it was more difficult. Takes some strength too really pull the front part of the seat back (kinda like you're trying to fold the seat) to get it in.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I figured it out, thanks to Smoke's tie down idea and lots of manipulation with a hoof pick.

Now that it's installed I hate it. No matter how tight you stretch the cover, there's a bulge of excess material on either side of the narrow part of the seat such that I cannot grip the tank with my knees. I'm sending the dang thing back. It's a very good idea, but IMHO it doesn't fit properly.
I have a contact request in to the company just in case there's a solution. Thanks everyone for your awesome help as usual. :love:
Is it made particularly for the TW? Got a pic of it installed?

I don't know, as I used the one from my DR on my TW. Surprisingly, fit & finish were pretty good.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The cover says 'XL' so it's made for bikes with TW-size seats, but not specifically for the TW. I'm still waiting for someone to call back from the company. Customer service doesn't seem to be their thing.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
My Cherokee hiking buddy always asked me to freeze em and save em for her to fry up in beer batter. It gave me the royal creeps having them squirm around in the freezer next to my favorite Rocky Road ice cream. :sick:
I'm not a big fan. To me, fried rattlers taste and smell like old nursing home patients' Depends. Don't ask how I know. Nurses: we know everything. :geek:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey VWBobby, I'm waiting for ya! Be sure to pack a12G shotgun and lots of ammo. You've gotta earn your 3 week vacay! 😁😂

:)
That's a nice one.

We have several rattlesnakes hunts each year in Oklahoma. A buddy of mine captured about 12 of them a few years ago and I helped him clean and stretch the skins out.

For his appreciation he fried some up for me to eat..... I told him if he didn't appreciate me any more than that, I was through helping him. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That's a nice one.

We have several rattlesnakes hunts each year in Oklahoma. A buddy of mine captured about 12 of them a few years ago and I helped him clean and stretch the skins out.

For his appreciation he fried some up for me to eat..... I told him if he didn't appreciate me any more than that, I was through helping him. :)
Actually those are two different rattlers. It's a bad year for varmints.
My neighbor used to make hatbands out of my kills. I prefer to let em riggle around in the bed of the pickup after shooting em. Then I wait 3 days until the venom dries up and toss em out for wildlife to snack on. Can you believe that after all these years I still scream like a wuss every time I have to deal with them? Yuck!!

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
My dozer operator once cooked up a 3.5 foot Mojave or western diamondback (?) on a lunch break.
It was monopolizing the best shade around under a creosote bush I coveted.
Skinned & roasted over open mesquite fire it was a bit of a stretch to say "tastes like chicken", still moist and tasty for bush meat when hungry with a pinch of salt from his pick-up.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
We'll, I love 'em. I've always liked snakes and especially like watching the pit vipers eating strategy. Yes, I have kept a number of the different rattlesnakes as well as a couple of water moccasins in a past life. They're amazing.

I found this little guy (Coast Rattlesnake... They usually don't get much bigger around here) just next to the kitchen porch. I wanted to show Patty before I bagged it up and relocated it. Too small to eat and I don't have time for another pet right now.

So I dropped it on a good sized sleeping bag bag, like I've done HUNDREDS of times before. This little guy LAUNCHED, like a ICBM launches out of a Boomer Sub, onto the kitchen table, and then found a way to hit the kitchen chair and bounce around like a damned Slinky on the way to the floor and I was trying to block Patty so the thing was always hugging my belly and legs.

By the time he reached the floor and headed out like a polopony for the bar, I was changed from an amateur herpetologist to a Holy Roller Gospel Christian, praising the Lord for saving me this whole last minute and praying He would save me just one more minute so I could abandon this snake infested dump and go live a life of poverty and charity.

Yes, it freaked me out like no cold blooded SOB (including that tattooed prison monkey in Monroe, Washington) ever has. I pinned him with a broom and Patty brought me my favorite hammer.

Once he was dead, I was pretty much back to my old self, but I mean this in all honesty, I've never been that creeped out by the superhuman strength of an animal in my life.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Air-Flo Seat Cover review: I rode 60 miles with the new cover. The excess material on either side of the narrow part of the seat was annoying but I got used to it. It does nothing to improve the comfort of the brick-hard OEM seat but it works like a dehumidifier for your unmentionables. At 50 MPH (with a tail wind:)) it felt uncommonly refreshing, and I made it home in 85 degree heat sans swamp a$$. If it fit the TW better I would give it 5 stars. I think I'm going to keep it, and hope that it fits my new Seat Concepts gift. If not, then you will find it on the classifieds thread soon.

·
Registered
2021 TW
626 Posts
I tried one of the atv seat pads from walmart. Coleman mad-dog I think its called. It helped a little but still got uncomfortable fairly quick. Need to stand up now and then to get some air to the rear end.
It didnt fit to well in the beginning either. I ended up cutting off the plastic snap buckles that came with it and using some paracord on the nylon loops and tying it under the seat. Took a few miles and getting it wet a couple times to mold a little better to the seat.
Now after the seat concepts install its not needed.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts