TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These look nice & reasonably priced.

There’s a fitment guide that includes the TW...

(I'm not affiliated w/ this company - they just popped up on one of my S.M. feeds).

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Have not tried one of these but I’ve been using the taxi driver beads for a couple years now. The airflow definitely helps. But I also use a Coleman Maddog beneath because I feel the cushion also needs to be addressed. Works for me. Had a Seat Concepts on one of my bikes and this combo was better for me. But it only delays the inevitable numbness.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have one that came with my DR, but never used it yet. Been meaning to see if it'll fit the TW seat.

Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
643 Posts
I watched some videos of these types of covers. They look like they would cool your ass down pretty well. I also like the idea that if it rains the top of the seat should dry out much quicker.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I plugged in my bike's year and brand. It came up with a TW225.

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I dunno. I checked for 2004 TW200 & it was there. Should be the same for all 34 years worth of TDubs, I imagine. Universal fit, regardless. Yet another vendor application-finder fail, seems like.

1620021857010.png

·
Registered
495 Posts
I used something similar on my road bike for years. I thought it worked well.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Supposed to reduce hot spots which some say is the main problem on long rides. You would think sitting on wooden beads would not be comfortable but some swear by them. Just like in cars; beads or plastic frame.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Supposed to reduce hot spots which some say is the main problem on long rides. You would think sitting on wooden beads would not be comfortable but some swear by them. Just like in cars; beads or plastic frame.
Is that the same reason some people sit on wooden beads? Ive never used them and havent even seen those wooden bead seat covers in real life once. Seems like a 1980s indian cab driver sort of thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The sit and fly has been around way longer, I have one(sit&fly) on my vstrom and definitely would recommend. It's meant to allow more airflow around and under the butt (prevent that gooch juice in hot temps). I've found it's personally more comfortable than the stock seat on the strom and really helps with preventing rain from pooling in your lap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts