TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a TW carb diagram online OEM Parts (rockymountainatvmc.com) and I see that the diagram shows an air screw at the bottom of the bowl #27 on the diagram. It also shows the pilot screw #16 and plug #32.

I read posts on this site and folks are talking about air / mixture adjustments 1.5 to 2.5 turns out. I assume they are referring to the pilot screw. Because many times they mention taking the plug out first which is only a pilot screw issue. Is my assumption correct?

And, are there adjustments for the air screw #27? Mine is screwed all the way in. I think I did this thinking it was a float bowl drain screw.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Part #27 is a drain screw to drain fuel from the bowl. When open, the fuel in the bowl will flow out part #31, the overflow pipe.

Part #16 is a pilot screw and adjusts fuel, not air. Set in all the way, LIGHTLY, or you will damage the seat, then back out as you mentioned for effect. Make sure the bike is warmed up to operating temperature before adjusting for the best/highest idle speed.

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Make sure the bike is warmed up to operating temperature to properly burn your fingers adjusting pilot screw. :)
Halfway joking, surprisingly easy to get burnt doing adjustment w/o a modified pilot screw that features some form of extension. Silver soldered hex keys or 1/8th flex cable have been used to create something to grab & twist w/o burns.

A medium length hex drive fine blade screwdriver bit and thin gloves can allow quick adjustments of the stock screw before heat soaks through burning fingers and/or hand. Loosening carb boot band camps can allow rotating carb for better access to pilot screw.

Reactions: Darth73

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
681 Posts
Disclaimer: I haven't used this, though some have tried these, or made their own extensions, etc...

For most folks, this is a one & done adjustment, but if you change altitudes a lot, or want to make it real easy to fine-tune & minimize scorching your digits, this is one way:

Camera accessory Audio equipment Cylinder Auto part Font

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
681 Posts
Doesn't an after-market mixture screw need to have a profile similar to the OEM version?
I would think.

As mentioned, I'm not attesting to this specific one working well (or at all), but the EBay seller's fitment guide said it fits a 2004 TW200.

Reactions: TW_in_BC

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
One would have to compare needle profiles since advice to : "Please refer to your service manual or contact your OEM dealer if you are unsure if this fits your" TW would likely not be constructive.
Due to disparity in historic foreign trade agreements between the US's and People's Republic of China's postal rates that makes America Last the cost to ship a wrong part back to China for a refund likely exceeds purchase price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.