TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics from a WInter ride near Wasilla alaska. Two feet of snow on the ground so I'm riding on packed snomachine trails on a tw modified with ATV tires front and rear. I have a build thread on the forum if you're interested in details. This trip goes toward the talkeetna mountains from my house.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and a few quick winter riding tips. Your kickstand needs a pice of plywood attacked to the bottom to be of any use. You need to dress really warm and dry as it really freezes your legs especially even going slow at negative ten degrees. You need studs. It will improve your skills as a rider. You actually need ATV tires with deep tread to do this in most cases.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well done. Looks beautiful and cold. Thanks for the pics.
Tires looks perfect for the conditions. Do you have much power to spare when pushing those through the snow?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done. Looks beautiful and cold. Thanks for the pics.
Tires looks perfect for the conditions. Do you have much power to spare when pushing those through the snow?
Power is rarely an issue in the winter. It's always traction especially in loose snow. If it's on ice or hard pack it's the opposite. Theres not really enough power to break the tires loose if the studs have something to hook up with. Been 2 years since I've rode that bike miss riding so much.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
You and Mr. Bigwheel should get together for a ride! I'm sure you've seen his videos riding up there in the snowy months on his BW.:p

·
Registered
905 Posts
A winter wonderland! Looks like fun. But....I'll bet its incredible in the summer when it is sweatshirt weather instead of Kanook the long haired Husky weather!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome back Tiny!
We missed you and your videos.
Would you be up for exploring Petersville Rd. this summer?
Absolutely. I meant to join you for your hillside rambler ride this summer but was out of town. Most of the week I live in Anchorage off basher drive which is itself a real pleasant ride. It kills me that we can't ride trails in Anchorage. There's so many trails I hike and ski from basher that would be amazing on a bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey I see you're in AK. Where are you at? I split my time between Anchorage and Wasilla.

Hey Tiny,
I'm in Eagle River. This summer I coerced 3 of my AK buddies to purchase TWs too. Between you, JagLite and the new converts-we could start a local TDub Club! Current plan is to make a trek to Knik Glacier in early Spring before ice out. I'll keep everyone posted. And JagLite-if you're looking for company-Petersville Rd. sounds cool too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Tiny,
I'm in Eagle River. This summer I coerced 3 of my AK buddies to purchase TWs too. Between you, JagLite and the new converts-we could start a local TDub Club! Current plan is to make a trek to Knik Glacier in early Spring before ice out. I'll keep everyone posted. And JagLite-if you're looking for company-Petersville Rd. sounds cool too.
Here's a video of a ride to the kg. 2 springs ago. We skated on 3 lakes near the margin of the glacier. So beautiful and so much fun

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow nice ride. You plow quite a wake. Are you wearing hip waders?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I love Goretex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts