TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best thing since sliced bread or over-hyped? I've ordered some new front wheel bearings today...won't be here until Tuesday, then I notice I have two 6202 bearings sitting on the shelf.

Do I go ahead and keep the AB's as spares or do I wait?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
[quote name='TW_in_BC' date='22 October 2011 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1319263512' post='29448']

Best thing since sliced bread or over-hyped? I've ordered some new front wheel bearings today...won't be here until Tuesday, then I notice I have two 6202 bearings sitting on the shelf.

Do I go ahead and keep the AB's as spares or do I wait? [/fon

All balls?......do you mean the tw or what?

Best thing since sliced bread or hype???????.....tw or what?.

What does the last sentence mean......."AB's"...always have spares.

·
Registered
918 Posts

Do I go ahead and keep the AB's as spares or do I wait?

I never did install them, so take this reply as you wish. I don't feel they are over-hyped, but I doubt they can rival sliced bread. Most replace them because they already have a steering issue, therefore ANY new bearing you put in will perform amazingly well over what was in there. That new steering performance is not specific to All Balls, it's just the old bearings were shot and anything new will make you grin. The nicety of All Balls is eliminating the need to worry about them again, and peace of mind with preventative maintenance can very well rival sliced bread.

All balls?......do you mean the tw or what?

Best thing since sliced bread or hype???????.....tw or what?.

What does the last sentence mean......."AB's"...always have spares.

Referring to All Balls Racing bearings (AB's is acronym All Balls)...http://www.allballsracing.com/

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
For stem bearings, the tapered roller bearings provided by AllBalls are definately overkill. I seem to need to replace factory stem bearings every 10,000 miles or so on everything I ride. Tdub's AllBalls have been in for almost 40,000 with a dab of grease every 10,000. 'Nuff said.

I have no experience with wheel bearings.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I used All Balls for my front and rear wheel bearings, as well as my swingarm bushings. They are quality stuff and come with everything you need to complete your repair/replacement.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i installed the steering stem bearings a few months ago, work great, easy install.

installed the front and rear wheel bearings last weekend, again easy install and both sides of the bearings are sealed unlike the factory ones. pop them in the freezer overnight and take them out right when the wheel is ready for them. they will go in VERY quickly. ive used all balls for in all kinds of stuff from yz's to ktms and husqvarnas

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the stem bearings two weeks ago, had to rip the whole thing apart again to tighten them up a bit...just felt a bit TOO loose, if you know what I mean!

Did the ALL BALLS front bearings today. The old ones were a real PITA to remove but after a bit of persistence, they yielded to my mighty hammer!
Front brakes and clutch lever are next on the list, but that will have to wait a while now. I've spent too much on both of them this month!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts