TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought after having my TW for just about 2 years now, I would post some of the mods I have put on it since I have arguably one of the most modded TW's I've ever seen on this forum;). I got my Yamaha TW200 May 8th, 2015. It is my first ever motorcycle, and I got it for $2000, all stock with 3800 original miles. I decided to get a bike because my dad grew up with two Yamaha DT125s and has now had his 2007 Kawasaki KLR 650 for the last 10 years, and what really drove me too it was my good friend right down the road bought a 1993 Suzuki DR350, so I felt I needed a dual sport as well. My dad's KLR is heavily modded, to the point where you can no longer tell what the bike is, it's almost unrecognizable form stock. I never thought I would mod mine to that degree, but it ended up happening to a point.
20170420_121002.jpg
Shown here are a few noticeable things on the front of the bike, like the Tusk D-Flex hand guards to protect against those pesky branches or for when my kickstand doesn't fully deploy and the bike decides to fall over, breaking the end of my clutch lever off:mad:, the Yamaha YZ250F high mounted front fender and a homemade mounting bracket because when riding through a muddy field, a chunk of mud got caught between the low fender and the crappy stock tire so it was creating a muddy mess in between the treads of the tire and making the bike not want to drive at all, let alone even balance on two wheels:rolleyes:, the Shinko trials front tire for the above mentioned reason with the fender, the decal-covered Opaque Jet Black Jimbo shield, and the rear blinkers were moved to the front, this is because the back are sturdier than the front and I modded the back brake light with blinkers.
20170420_121359.jpg
Another angle on the front. More mods come into view here, like the little reflector bracket I bolted on the fork because I like the idea of those being there but the 2004 model doesn't have them. I also have a Headlight guard that was originally on a heat lamp in my garage, which just by chance fit the front literally perfectly, it is even bent to fit the two spring screws that hold the headlight on:cool:. Also on the front, but cannot be seen nor shown, I have a headlight modulator to help get noticed more since I don't have a muffler as loud as a jet engine, nor do I want one:p.
20170420_121622.jpg
The back of the bike is pretty gnarly. I have the Trailer wheel hub mod with a ripped ATV tire to get through the toughest of terrain. I took off the old rear fender and brake light and got an LED Integrated blinker brake light on the back on a homemade bracket. We also welded and bent pipe to perfectly make my own rear luggage rack instead of paying for the expensive online one.:)
20170420_121636.jpg
From the driver's viewpoint, here is the dash and handlebars. The dash is a homemade bracket with a Stryker Tachometer & Speedometer, a Dual USB port, LED indicator lights for everything instead of that big and clunky dash light cluster, and a RAM X-Grip phone mount. Again seen is the Jimbo Shield, as well as the Tusk D-Flex handguards. Also shown is the RAM Level cup holder and an ATV Logic tank bag. If you look you can also see part of my shirt and arm in the left mirror and a passing vehicle in the right mirror:)
20170420_120918.jpg
Finally, an overall view of the bike as a whole. Minus everything previously mentioned, all of the other mods I have consist of a Clarke Yamaha XT225 4.1 gal gas tank (Gray), In order to make the gas tank fit, 2" handlebar risers were also installed, they also give the bike a taller look, a Ricochet skid plate because the stock ones don't protect for crap and I scraped the left side of the crankcase on a boulder causing the slowest possible but still noticeable oil leak, which has since been repaired, a Mad Dog ATV Seat Cushion you can get at any Wal-mart in the automotive section for those two-hour treks through the woods, a 12V DC flasher relay for my LED blinkers and indicator lights, Krator oversized foot pegs for better foot placement and grip, an extended shift lever for my big feet, a Bigfoot metal plate welded to the bottom of my kickstand, to prevent sinking into the mud and tipping over like my friend's DR350, in fact, in the same field that gave me trouble with my front tire and fender, he kicked his stand down and it instantly sank into the mud, tipped over and broke the kickstand off entirley:rolleyes:.
I hope to do many more mods to come in the future including some suspension upgrades in both the fork and swingarm, I said I dont want a muffler as loud as a jet engine which is true, but the DG V2 slip-on muffler looks really good as a replacement for the stock muffler, plus there's a quiet insert for sneaking around the woods. I want to get some hard plastic cases as side bags like my dad's KLR, a Zongshen kickstarter (unless you know someone with a real TW one for cheap;)) so when my battery is dead, I dont have to bump start it:rolleyes: Fork seal skins as a replacement for my deteriorating fork boots, an LED or much more powerful, less battery-draining headlight, larger ADV RAM mounted mirrors, and a Moto-mule trailer for a kayak and some rotopax.
Thank you for taking the time to read me babbling on about how great my bike is:p. Let me know what your personal favorite TW mod(s) is/are and If you have a suggestion for a mod I should do.:D

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
nice bike, lots of good mods.
what's with those those round "rear blinker" front blinkers though, they don't come from a normal tdub rear end... ?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nice bike. You have my vote for #1 lurker. Ahh my DG pipes with the quiet core aren't very quiet just a heads up. Sometimes Bay Area Yamaha in Oregon has kick starter kits. If you can get a Zongsheng kick starter kit people want to know where.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nice bike. You have my vote for #1 lurker. Ahh my DG pipes with the quiet core aren't very quiet just a heads up. Sometimes Bay Area Yamaha in Oregon has kick starter kits. If you can get a Zongsheng kick starter kit people want to know where. I think a good mod might be body armor for all the shooting going down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice bike, lots of good mods.
what's with those those round "rear blinker" front blinkers though, they don't come from a normal tdub rear end... ?
I got the bike with those so I just always assumed they were stock blinkers and never thought anything of them, but come to find out through research, Those don't actually come stock on a TW or any Yamaha bike model for that matter, so I have no idea where they came from, this is news to me lol.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You have awesome skills. Love your TW. I think I like the dash best.lol,,,,no, maybe the four gallon fuel tank. I have a stock fender, purchased from a forum member that was raised by using longer screws, springs, and extra nuts to lock it into place. About an inch higher off the tire. Wonder if that would have done it for your mud clog experience.??? And I agree.....number 1 lurker. Glad you finally posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts