TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I don't know..I rode with a CRF250L and it lagged in lower gears. L versions are pretty gutless from what I've seen. At least without some mods. I was leaving him in the dust. 280 lbs is not light off road (CRF250X is like 250lbs wet) and this video shows no video of it's performance.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I don't know..I rode with a CRF250L and it lagged in lower gears. L versions are pretty gutless from what I've seen. At least without some mods. I was leaving him in the dust. 280 lbs is not light off road (CRF250X is like 250lbs wet) and this video shows no video of it's performance.
My vote is your calling this one right. KTM/Husky still looks like a way better choice. The (possible) upside is: Now Yamaha and Kawasaki may look to out do Honda or even try to take some of the market back from European builders.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll wait for a real world test.
I'd trade some engine performance for longer service intervals.
I have ktm buddies that don't have time every week to maintain their bikes and then can't go riding on the weekends. But they do have cool machines.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Look at the Honda intervals for this 450, not that good at all for what you get from what I've read, add it to the weight, the limited horsepower and it doesn't seem appealing or cost effective (as far as I've seen so far). There are several you tube videos calling out the intervals from published docs. $500 more for ktm, more horsepower, almost 60 pounds lighter, better tires, etc.. and fairly similar intervals. At least that's what I saw, but it could all be fake news. We will see. Personally I hope it turns out to be winner. That would be good.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Perhaps what Honda can bring to the table is their tradition of good build quality and reliability rather than performance. If so it could be popular with tour companies rental fleets.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Besides the 37" seat height, how would you like to spend much time sitting on a 6" wide seat?

They are calling it a dual sport. More of a full on dirt bike meant to be ridden standing up.

jb

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
It has a TWish fuel capacity of 2.0 gallons! Better mount a tool tube a carry a MSR bottle full of fuel!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So, whatcha think, Rally version in 2020? I know some dudes that would drool for that!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Besides the 37" seat height, how would you like to spend much time sitting on a 6" wide seat?

They are calling it a dual sport. More of a full on dirt bike meant to be ridden standing up.

jb
I had a CRF250X that I loved, nice and light in the woods, down the road pretty good with a little different gearing but the seat was not made to sit on all the time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Did you see the price tag?? Over 10 fricken grand. Once again Honda priced it out of the market.

Should have just put a 450 in the CRF 250L chassis. Bumped the price up a grand to 5-6K and flooded the market. Must have some really idiots making decisions over there.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cycle Cruza has been one of my favorite YouTube channels. He sure let the cat out of the bag with the CRF450L. I would have to agree it’s a turd.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wow...My intuition undershot the turdyness of this bike. Hearing comparisons really rubs it in. He let the cat out of the bag and it proceeded to drag it's arse over the carpet.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I, too, have been a Cyclecruza subscriber for a long time, but I have found his stuff less and less interesting. This one I find nonsensical. He's just trying to be one of the first out there to talk about it, boosting his channel and views. Oh yeah, you've got numbers from a guy who got them from Honda? Cool. Now you've got everyone believing this bike is a turd... before it is out, before anyone has ridden it. Some of the commenter's opinions were probably going to be closer to the mark. Do you really believe the bike will only be capable of 1 more HP than the 250L? Doubtful. It's probably got a throttle stop, limiting throttle to about 1/4. That was the case with my buddy's Yamaha WR450. Luckily our state allows street conversion so he was able to get it plated and run it as a legit dual sport. In states where you can't do that, there is probably a desire for a true street-legal Japanese dual-sport in this engine class. Okay, it's a plated dirt bike really, so how can anyone crap about dirt bike maintenance intervals? How is that different than what's out there like it? Same with the price, it might be 10k, (that is listed now as the TARGET MSRP, let's see what the street price ends up) and that might be expensive to some, but again it is within a range of its competition (KTM, Beta). I'm just disappointed that this video is forming opinions before the bike is out, or even official information is out. I'm always shocked at how the online forum world gripes about lack of options from manufacturers and lack of a unicorn bike, but then immediately crap all over anything new that comes out. Crazy. One person's unicorn will always be another person's turd I guess.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Jesus, I bet Honda really hates CycleCruza right now. The bike puts out about 45 horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I saw that.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I hate Unicorns.. they're usually libtards.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts