TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#3 returned from the stan this past weekend.

It's one thing when "you" do it. It's another thing when it's one of your offspring.

Brothers, sisters, mom & dad, nephews and nices met him at the airport when he came home.

Now he has to learn how to drive again. Frosty Lane kicked his ass.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear your son is back home safe & sound, we all appreciate his service! Lucky his "slip up" was in your lane and not a downtown street....it looks like no damage to the truck or snowbanks!
My wife ratted me out about the dent I put in the tailgate of his truck while he was gone. Apparently, I left the tailgate down while backing up to hook up a trailer and the tailgate hit the jack. Oops. Guess I did have time to have it repaired or replaced and didn't get it done. I was gonna have to tell him sooner or later (sooner) so I can't really blame my wife for ratting me out. He'd notice the dent I'm sure...right? :p

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome Home, Sir!
Thanks, Appreciation...Respect.
:icon_salut:
(Sorry about the 'left handed' salute, it's the only one I could find!)

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the reunion. Is he back for good or just a break from action?
He's back for good unless they get called up again but I wouldn't think he or his unit would be called up anytime soon.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Home, Sir!
Thanks, Appreciation...Respect.
:icon_salut:
(Sorry about the 'left handed' salute, it's the only one I could find!)
Well, the emoji doesn't have a right arm so the saluting emoji is doing the best it can. :D

I don't know what #3's problem driving is. I made it up the hill just fine with our Jeep Wrangler today. Course, I did take a run at it so that probably made the difference. He was probably creeping up the hill slowly.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That's great. Congrats to having him home again and pass on our eternal Thanks.

also... let me know if he's going to be doing any driving in the snow around my neck of the woods. I'll keep off the roads. :)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
happiness and joy, congrats!

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
It hurts my ears just seeing that flight suit. Good that he is back safe and sound and thanking him for serving.
My pain comes from my days during Vietnam and flying around in the CH-47 choppers in that same flight suit but hope to heck the military has learned the lessons and now provides much better hearing protection. Choppers are seriously loud when flying over head and you are on the ground but 10X louder when you are in them and directly under the motors and rotors. So many of us from back in my days now have hearing loss and Tinnitus from all the time in the damn things with cheap junk ear protection. Here I am almost 50 years later and I can still hear the sound in my head that simply never stops. They say that Silence is Golden but those with Tinnitus never get to hear silence and it sucks.

HC-6-squadron-photo-085.jpg

GaryL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts