TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
well i'll be dammed!

fred went and did it, rode right along that river, up over the face of the dam and looked right down into that glorious maw of a glory hole! he musta finally put pontoons and wings on good ol' betty boop!

i looked down from that dam road last year and i bet it was more than 50' below that orifice. dam lotta water.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
From drought to floods. Our local lake, Clear Lake has unique way of measuring it's level. It is a natural lake but does have a outlet damn on Cashe Creek. The lake is considered full at 7.56 feet. 9ft is flood stage. This morning the lake is at 10.24 ft and raising. Mandatory evacuations are in place for some of the lake shore areas. It can stop raining now, but more rain is in the forecast.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow Joe. So much of Clear Lake is developed right down to the water's edge so I imagine almost three feet over the top of the dam is devastating to lakefront businesses and residences. Stay Dry!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Fred, I'm beginning to run short on dry socks!! :eek: With all this water I guess I can launder them with little guilt... ;)

jomama, I gave a like to your post, not because I think that Clearlake over filling to the point of property damage is a good thing, It's just amazing how much rain we've had!

Is there a silver lining to Clearlake having so much water? Less / more algae blooms? Does it help or hurt the fish / fishing? m.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fred that's a great drone shot. I hope your precipitation stays cold.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That's Wild...he needs a HD waterproof drone to fly into the hole and film the inside. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts