TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snug as a bug sleep the happy little motorcycles..

winter storage.1.jpg

winter storage.2.jpg

The only bike not currently under cover from the imminent snow is the Harley. It gets its very own spot in a shed on account of it's either
A) special because it's a Harley or
B ) is the only bike too fat to fit through the door.

At least the shed has a resident black snake! I'm not totally unfeeling here. :p

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's November 4. The forecast may say nice but past experience says this is the end of the good weather. Ma nature gave us the snow warning 't other week - had an inch in the lawn at daybreak.

We'd keep the bikes topside a bit longer but the driveway at this joint needs some serious tending to. It's a swamp. Too many other holes needed patched before the cold sets in for a crawler and a couple tri-axes of stone to be first thing on the budget. It is, however, next on the list. At this moment in time the TW and the 2 XT's are the only 3 that can come and go at will through the mud - so getting the more street oriented bikes in while the getting is good was a priority. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Snug as a bug sleep the happy little motorcycles..

View attachment 23828

View attachment 23829

The only bike not currently under cover from the imminent snow is the Harley. It gets its very own spot in a shed on account of it's either
A) special because it's a Harley or
B ) is the only bike too fat to fit through the door.

At least the shed has a resident black snake! I'm not totally unfeeling here. :p
It's always sad to me to hear of bikes being put away...:(

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
True story. I ride my bikes throughout the winter. That's what snow plows are for. Luckily I live in a place now where it hasn't snowed for a few decades.
If I can get out, I ride. :D

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't be sad. Winter is the time for working on the bikes and addressing all the little faults that get jerry-rigged to function or just plain ignored in favor of more ride time.

As mentioned in another post the TW has a stuck float and so need the carb taken apart and cleaned/rebuilt; his bigger motor has to be gone through and installed. The Gen1 KLR requires (by the sounds of it) lower bearings. The XT225 is running but cosmetically is a sin - that gets cleaned up. You get the idea :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had both of mine all set for the long period of inactivity, but here in upstate NY we are seeing some really nice weather this week. A couple days ago I decided to ride to work in the morning so I could enjoy the 70º weather when I got out. It was a gorgeous low 70º afternoon that day and riding the long way home was quite enjoyable. The ride in, however, was with temps in the upper 30ºs, and I was woefully unprepared for that. I think I'll just leave the bikes in the garage until after work from here on until Spring arrives. :)

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
A little snow never hurts. This was part of yesterday's ride:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts