TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lot of work done on my bike and just realized none of the turn signals are working. Any easy diagnostic steps to determine the problem? I moved away from the shop that serviced the bike or I would take it back.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had a lot of work done on my bike and just realized none of the turn signals are working. Any easy diagnostic steps to determine the problem? I moved away from the shop that serviced the bike or I would take it back.
What kind of work? If you had LED lights installed, for example, your old flasher won't flash. :dontknow:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The work done was carb, new levers and tires; nothing electrical.

Horn works. Can’t get to your content, I have a service manual; what section/pages. Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
The beginning of the electrical section. You'll find a diagram. If the horn works then see if there is power to the flasher. The horn is on the same circuit. Check for lose connections, bad grounds, things like that. Could be a bad flasher. But best to test things before tossing parts at it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
10 points to GOF for linking the service manual in his signature! Very thoughtful, sir.

Reactions: Fred and GOF

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI, this is the message I received trying to open the link;
“To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures”

·
Registered
20,463 Posts
Keep posting kgb! Your post count almost makes you a Senior Member.

Nothing in the work done points a n obvious clue as to what caused turn signal failure.

However carb work may have entailed seat removal and the disconnecting of the turn signal flasher. I would look there first for disconnected or broken wires. Flasher is on right side of bike next to carb.

Multimeter could test for 12v feeding into flasher as well as a pulsed output .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts