TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going this year?

Last year was a LOT of fun and a good chance to meet new people. You will see a very wide (wild?) variety of bikes and people. You get to wave at neighborhood peoples as you ride through their back alleys.

What: An alley sweeper in Portland, Oregon put on by the Sang-Froid riding club. Anyone can attend.
Here is last year's thread about this (with photos of the event starting with post #23). http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/6621-2013-sfrc-urban-enduro-alley-sweeper.html
Here is an article with a good general description: Portland Alley Sweeper Urban Enduro « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews
Here is a thread from the ADVrider forum about this year's ride: 2014 Alley Sweeper - ADVrider

When
: Saturday, April 19.

What: Anything with 2 wheels and a motor.

Who?: Everyone and their brother and their mother hopefully.

(I see that this has been mentioned the in Washington State group but I thought I ought to post here for those of us who don't read the Washington group page.)

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Am I right in thinking that the ride is random through whatever alley(s) you want to ride, or is there an established route(s)?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I right in thinking that the ride is random through whatever alley(s) you want to ride, or is there an established route(s)?
Hi Admiral,

There are "suggested" routes that can be run in either direction at any time. It is basically: "here are some good places to go". Most people break up into smaller groups - each doing it their own way. Whole sections of Portland end up with motorcycles everywhere, buzzing in every which direction. The only time you see everyone together is at the meet up at the beginning and then usually in smaller clumps at lunch.

If you get lost or separated from your group, you can just tag along with another group - bikes are everywhere. Or, you can fly solo on your own adventure.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Guess it's the time of year where I get super jealous of all you Pacific NW guys! What an awesome event, it looks like an absolute blast. There's no way I can make it this year, but maybe I ought to just start planning early for next year!

Post lots of pics and vids!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I live in a small town of 800 people, we have two or three small 200' long alleys.. My wife and I rode our bikes thru one and some old guy came out screaming and raising holy hell etc. I got super pissed off and screamed back even louder. Long story short, don't ride this alley guys.I've been told by my wife not to pick on the old fart anymore.. OMM. (o;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who is going this year?

Last year was a LOT of fun and a good chance to meet new people. You will see a very wide (wild?) variety of bikes and people. You get to wave at neighborhood peoples as you ride through their back alleys.

What: An alley sweeper in Portland, Oregon put on by the Sang-Froid riding club. Anyone can attend.
Here is last year's thread about this (with photos of the event starting with post #23). http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/6621-2013-sfrc-urban-enduro-alley-sweeper.html
Here is an article with a good general description: Portland Alley Sweeper Urban Enduro « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews
Here is a thread from the ADVrider forum about this year's ride: 2014 Alley Sweeper - ADVrider

When
: Saturday, April 19.

What: Anything with 2 wheels and a motor.

Who?: Everyone and their brother and their mother hopefully.

(I see that this has been mentioned the in Washington State group but I thought I ought to post here for those of us who don't read the Washington group page.)

I'll be there with my Wife's TW! My 650L seems like it might be a big pig for my first alley sweeping adventure... :)

Hope to see you all there!

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
My dad always told me to wear a rain suit. Hope he was talking about when you're riding the motorcycle in the rain!:p

Good luck and have fun on the alley sweeper. And watch out for that mean lady I've seen in the news video's who don't like this alley sweeper thing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts