TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i would say a darwin award winner, but i'd be the first out of the car to see the gator too.....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
1. Look where you put your hands and feet.
2. Pay attention to signs.
3. Keep on enjoying nature; its not supposed to be a zoo. Tom

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
case in point:
i stopped to watch this guy...
gator.jpg
had to help this on cross the road:
turtle.jpg
and found this one watching me...
snake.jpg

just a slow day bird watching in southern texas at anahuac nwr :)

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
There are no poisonous snakes--you can eat any snake and not get sick. There are plenty of venomous snakes in the area, many exotics crawling all over the place. Can't hardly find indigenous wildlife in the 'Glades anymore because it is overrun with exotics. Sad, really.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
There are no poisonous snakes--you can eat any snake and not get sick. There are plenty of venomous snakes in the area, many exotics crawling all over the place. Can't hardly find indigenous wildlife in the 'Glades anymore because it is overrun with exotics. Sad, really.
Kinda like everyone calling their engines motors...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Joe, My best guess is that is a black rat snake, not a water moccasin, but I could be wrong. Tom

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Joe, My best guess is that is a black rat snake, not a water moccasin, but I could be wrong. Tom
yep, that was the best i could figure.... when i saw it i wanted to call it an indigo snake, but after i looked it up, they don't live that far west. i have a mexican black kingsnake (Lampropeltus getula nigrita) looked a lot like him.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Hmmmmm? Sure looks like a king, but are those scales keeled or are my eyes playing tricks on me. Kingsnakes do not have keeled scales as far as I know. Definitely not a pit viper because the head is all wrong. I'm going along with the black rat theory.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Loop Road in the Glades off US 41 Tamiami Trail, I was in my Jeep driving the Loop, but plan on taking the TW down there{Little Sister lives in Naples} during the dry season, this fall...Gators these days ain't no big deal, especially near or in the Everglades, my guess is the guy was taking a leak and got bit...Ouch!

Loop Road Gator.png

1 - 10 of 10 Posts