TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After acquiring a 2015 Tdub this fall (1200 kms), I joined the Forum, read copious threads, watched a bunch of uber great videos and solicited the assistance of members. It doesn't look like I will get much riding in until next spring so the wait is going to kill me!

Here is what I have purchased so far...... I will have everything installed shortly after xmas and post some pictures. The last thing that I am working on is assembling a proper "tool kit" and I have already initiated a thread for that purpose...:)

- Maddog seat cover/protector
- Jimbo windscreen
- Krator footpegs
- ROX 2" pivoting riser
- Acerbis clone handle bar guards
- 1520 Pelican case (thank you TW-Brian)
- Quickgrip Fists to hold fuel bottles (thank you TW-Brian)
- 2 Stainless 34 oz bottles
- DID 428VX - 122 chain
- Bestek Ultra slim power pack
- Battery Tender
- Volt Meter gauge
- Shinko SR244 5.10 x 18 front tire
- Forma Adventure Low riding boots
- Ricochet 3/8" aluminum skid plate
- JP Enterprise 47T rear sprocket (will increase top end 6.87%)
- Ride-On fluid tire sealant

Can't wait to spend a day in my buddy Steve's shop and getting this all assembled!

·
Registered
20,375 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Did you get a longer folding shift lever?
Will help with the boots. I can't remember which one I got.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Very first two things I ordered were the adult size footpegs and an extended shifter. 11.5-12 is big but not the biggest sized foot.
I did not even show the bike to anyone till the footpegs were installed. Too embarrassed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If only Yamaha would have done a few of these things maybe the Dub wouldn't be on the brink of extinction. If not for "cult" followers like us she'd be gone already. Real foot pegs, Real forks, real handlebars, and some aftermarket like luggage racks, skid plate, and trail computer could be profitable. As it is. it's a waste and not worth it to make a Dub "right" for actual riding.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If only Yamaha would have done a few of these things maybe the Dub wouldn't be on the brink of extinction. If not for "cult" followers like us she'd be gone already. Real foot pegs, Real forks, real handlebars, and some aftermarket like luggage racks, skid plate, and trail computer could be profitable. As it is. it's a waste and not worth it to make a Dub "right" for actual riding.
Yes...But who wants to own a bike you can't tinker with?

·
Registered
445 Posts
The Dub’s shift lever is better than some I’ve used but folders are a great and cheap upgrade. Having to ride back with a busted shift lever is never fun, and much less so on the road.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Seriously, try this for opening a big can of worms, many good options here: https://www.google.com/search?q=site...utf-8&oe=utf-8

My experience is that the steel ones can survive being bend back and forth numerous times before fatigue fracturing. A lot of aluminum alloys can be bent back into shape once but have lost some strength making them often break after the next impact. Then it is time for the vise grips;)

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Sometimes called a “Brake Snake”, devices like this are to keep brush and saplings from getting trapped between frame and lever should you ever accidentally wander off the trail margin. This was a common hazard when I road in pacific northwest temperate rain forests and otherwise the saplings could get rammed in quite tightly.
I make mine out of aircraft cable for the brake side. These take about the same amount of time to make at home as it does to nibble away a 3/4” pine sapling trailside. Who wants to be stopped cold after stripping a foot or so of green bark off? Plus you get the added benefit of not getting pine pitch all over your hands out in the woods. Spending ten minutes or so bent over with your head in a bush nibbling away with the factory piers and pocket knife a chunk of Mother Nature that doesn’t want to let go is not my idea of fun!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts