TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode my TDub into the Pt. Washington State Forest again today.

Sorry, no pictures or video but, an adventure nonetheless.

I was at least 10 miles from the nearest paved road and no cell service. I just had to stop and enjoy the solitude and the beauty.

When it was time to move on, I threw my leg over my trusty Dub, turned the key, pressed the starter and, click...

Click, click.

Click, click click.

At that moment, the $250 I spent on my recently installed kickstarter was worth every penny!

I love my TW...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice that you had it and got out.
About a month ago I left my heated grips on while at work. Same thing as you, click, click, click. Then I thought to myself, that kick starter that is sitting on my work bench at home sure isn't helping me right now. Luckily my co-worker gave me a little push and it started right up.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
always park on a hill? ;)
i've used mine more times than i can remember, should never have been removed from the post '00 bikes.
congrats, on your quick escape.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have a kickstarter, and live in flat florida, but live through these stories, and never thought to park on top of a hill. Brilliant. I wish I culd worry about these things. You all are so lucky. I dream of the day

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adding a kickstarter was the best decision i ever made second to buying my TDub.

You wont appreciate that until you get stuck some where with either a dead battery or starter!

·
Registered
19,430 Posts
For those without a kick starter a jump-stat Li battery pack is a good small, affordable addition.
jump.jpg
However to rely on a spare battery rather than a kick starter one must realize one is dependent on healthy wiring, starter motor and switchgear. As such proper maintenance of the entire starter circuitry and mechanism is important from handlebar e-button to the starter clutch elements. Good redundancy entails independent alternatives like parking on a hill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts