TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
New to the forum, saw a few peeps from Kauai on here and wanted to give a shout-out...I live in Kapaa, am looking for a TW; anyone know anyone who has one theyre ready to part with? I'm ready to go, send me a message! Maybe once I have some wheels we can get out for a ride (so even if you dont have any ideas on where i can find a bike, still lets get in touch!)
If anyone else in the islands has any good leads on TWs that are in good condition chime in!
Thanks!
HK

·
Super Moderator
18,054 Posts
Hi HK and welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome to the forum and how awesome to have a TW on Kauai !!!

I saw this 2005 for sale on the Big Island a few years ago for $3000 and it had like 450 miles on it. They had it listed for several months so it didn't sell fast that's for sure. I also saw a nice 2009 in Honolulu for $3000 with a surfboard rack but that was about 2 years ago as well. Ive considered buying one and keeping it in storage on Oahu but it would be great to know a local who could show the keul places to ride and keep a Haole out of trouble :) I've also thought of importing them for sale but Matson charges a ton to get them shipped over so I doubt it could be done with any profit margin. Might actually be cheaper to ship them over as "parts" and reassemble them on the Island. You should run a Craigslist waned add looking for a TW it might take a while but you could land a heck of a deal
Kopoho-2005.JPG
Here is the type of TW rider you may be forced to ride with in Hawai'i :)
TW-Girl.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haa!!! Babes on bikes, that's what I'm going for, we are starting a girl biker gang!!

Yep have a wanted ad up on CL, but I am also trying to shake the trees and see what falls out...small island so you never know. A few weeks ago I saw an awesome fully modded (kick start, round headlight, hollow body, etc) TW in the parking lot of a coffee shop, whipped the car around and found the rider....he wasn't ready to sell his baby yet tho...I know "the one" is our there, so will just work on patience and cleaning out the garage to make room for all the fun to come!! Interesting thought on sending one over in a box. The matson shipping is about $800, so am also looking on west coast since harley wanted 6k for a new one out the door...ridiculous.

Lmk if you're here and want to ride!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
If you find a bike in the western US I'm based in Seattle and have a place in LA so I might be able to bring a TW to Matson for you. I have a few low milers in my stash I could show you as well if nothing turns up on the island. Good luck with the hunt !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks PlacerLode! that's super nice to offer. A lot of what I'm seeing (which is like 2 bikes) has corrosion stuff happening. Kind of typical here, so it will be interesting to see what turns up. I'd be open to looking outside of the islands especially if I could get something with no rust. Once it starts it's hard to contain...let me know if you have anything you'd be willing to part with!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts