TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mike bought a GoPro and put together our ride in the rain. Water on the lens surely takes away from the view. I'm a big rainX guy, has anyone ever tried rainX on camera lenses? This footage is from our WV ride from Paw Paw WV to Handcock MD and back roads. Deer, Turkeys, Trains, Bridges and Mud Puddles

This is his first video. What are your tips for making quality videos?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
You are welcome Rick. I happened to remember reading those when I got my GoPro, and I found them helpful because they are moto specific.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Take still photographs....as a photography buff{not a great shooter but a buff} ain't nothing like quality still photography, especially in the digital age...cheap, easy, and toss away{delete} what comes out sucky:cool:

Otherwise TP I think there are better alternatives to rainX but I'll have to "google" them;)

Reactions: Mel and TopPredator

·
Super Moderator
14,208 Posts
I enjoyed watching. What was the animal that ran out in front of him around 4:30? Cat, deer, mountain lion?

I didn't read all the type from the links Borneo provided, but I've incorparated a lot of them into mine.

Just a couple things/tips I've learned from the limited feedback I get from my video's.

Keep the video's short. I'll maybe have 2-3 hours of video and try to make no more than a 5-6 minute clip. Video's much longer than that people quit watching. If I have a lot of good (to me) video from a ride, I'll try and make a few short clips instead of one long one. Having said that, sometimes I want to watch a long video, especially if it's a trail I want to ride. Gives me a good idea what I'm getting myself into.

Different camera views are entertaining, but don't dwell on a rear view video too long. Viewers want to see what's coming more than what's been passed. I've made this mistake a time or two showing to much rear view. I got hammered on that!:D

Don't show to much of "You". Meaning don't record endless minutes of the camera mounted on the handle bar aimed at you. I recently watched an ATV video of a place I wanted to ride. 3/4 of a 6 ish minute video, the camera was aimed at the riders head, not the trail. Boring!

Music. Some like it, some don't. I liked to add music in my earlier video's, but people didn't. If I include music now it is short and not the entire video. Typically I don't include music anymore because of the criticism I got from having it. I personally like to listen to music, but others don't and would rather hear the engine over music.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Good stuff Admiral. I'm one of those who appreciates the occasional humorous caption occasionally. I've seen some that literally made me laugh out loud, and totally changed how I viewed the video (in a positive way)

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't read all the type from the links Borneo provided, but I've incorparated a lot of them into mine.

Just a couple things/tips I've learned from the limited feedback I get from my video's.

Keep the video's short. I'll maybe have 2-3 hours of video and try to make no more than a 5-6 minute clip. Video's much longer than that people quit watching. If I have a lot of good (to me) video from a ride, I'll try and make a few short clips instead of one long one. Having said that, sometimes I want to watch a long video, especially if it's a trail I want to ride. Gives me a good idea what I'm getting myself into.

Different camera views are entertaining, but don't dwell on a rear view video too long. Viewers want to see what's coming more than what's been passed. I've made this mistake a time or two showing to much rear view. I got hammered on that!:D

Don't show to much of "You". Meaning don't record endless minutes of the camera mounted on the handle bar aimed at you. I recently watched an ATV video of a place I wanted to ride. 3/4 of a 6 ish minute video, the camera was aimed at the riders head, not the trail. Boring!

Music. Some like it, some don't. I liked to add music in my earlier video's, but people didn't. If I include music now it is short and not the entire video. Typically I don't include music anymore because of the criticism I got from having it. I personally like to listen to music, but others don't and would rather hear the engine over music.
That is good stuff Admiral I'm sure when Mike reads this he will agree.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I enjoyed watching. What was the animal that ran out in front of him around 4:30? Cat, deer, mountain lion?

Good points. Personally, I hate to hear music in an action video unless it's just a bit in the intro. I'm a motorhead; I want to hear the engine. Especially if it's something that sounds good like a thumper or just about any kind of diesel. Put music over something like that and I not only won't watch it; I might even give it a thumbs down before I leave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts