1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,631 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I will take one for the team and report back. I am picking up a free ATV rack I am going to try and have some brackets welded up to try out also. Need something big eneough for a 2-4 of beer and a 1-8-6 pack of Pampers Swaddlers. The cyclerack would be great but waaaaaay out of my price range.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm not sure of the price for a new cycle rack. But I can say that the cycle rack is so good. Worth whatever it costs. I just used mine to manhandle the bike through a huge snowfield. Literally could not have been accomplished without that cyclerack

·
Registered
112 Posts
shipped from hong kong and material stated is 'iron'. I'd be leery of this one
Most likely it is low carbon steel. Tubing, once bent, collapses and strength is considerably reduced. If it gets bent, you can bend it back. I made my saddle bag supports from solid 5/16" square stock steel with the same idea in mind. You can reshape it overall with your hands and tweak it with the help of some channel locks if you have a mishap. Better to bend than crack. Like a reed in the wind . . . . . . .

·
Super Moderator
17,631 Posts
I bet it is a tough as a stock Yamaha rear rack or near to it. I wouldn't worry about it. The tail end only is supposed to carry 7 lbs anyway. If you're loading it up enough to bend or break it, you've chosen the wrong kind of rack.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have found a free ATV rack that I am going to pick up and see if a can get it modified to fit. I contacted a member a couple days ago that posted he had a Moose rack for sale . The post was almost 3 years old but he still had it. In the works of sorting out the logistics on how to get it here which is going to work out in the long run. Was thinking of a cyclerack but with shipping and the exchange rate it will be over $300 canadian.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Maybe you can find a used stock rack??? Too bad Vanillagorilla isn't still making his custom jobs...very nice.
I know, that would have been the perfect rack and looks amazing also. I have tried finding any rack locally but no luck but if everything works out I will have a Moose rack and/or a modified ATV rack in the next few months.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dr......give Alberta Cycle a call I bought a Yamaha factory rack from them for $90. Might be worth a try.
the person at the accessories department said that they don't make one for a 98 but i told her that it would be for all years. She said they don't make it for a 98....I'm already ticked off being at work on a saturday so I refrained from throwing my phone across the room. Will call back monday and hopefully talk with someone else.

·
Registered
193 Posts
must have been something in the air..I went to Sherwood Cycle for an oil filter they did not have and oil filter for a 2014 TW..but they had one for a 2006..I said I would take it and try it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts