TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
seeing many ride reports from up north, many seemingly friendly people that like to putter and explore on the tdub, got me thinking.

modoc county, northern california has a lot of open area, and much beauty. the little town of alturas is quaint, has sufficient supplies (a general store with food, drink and gas) also (somewhat) equidistant to many riders....
what would it take to plan a multistate ride?

the area is frozen and cold until may, but early june could be really nice. not to early to think about....

boise

san jose

salt lake city

yakima

now y'all may be like an online bride... look good until up close, but i think it could be pretty fun. thoughts and ideas?

joe band

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DISCLAIMER:
this is the last time i rode in modoc county, late may 1989.

but i've been in that area since and not much has changed, just my hair color and recovery time.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I like the idea. Couple of questions. Has anyone ridden this area recently and know the trails? How about a two day event? This could be a great time. Lets hear others thoughts. Thanks Joe for getting this started.

Joe

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Well, since you went to all the trouble of mapping a route from Boise to Alturas...

I'll be giving this some strong consideration!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This would sure be more central to a lot of folks rather than the san luis obispo get together.
i don't think they were designed to be exclusive of each other.

i was thinking of the first weekend in june for this ride. it should be warm enough by then, and long days to enjoy all the riding.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
somehow I missed this first time around. I would be in.......

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Joe, I can do one of the California events (Alturas Jamboree or Russ Rally in SLO), but not both. I'm leaning towards this one. When you mention 1st weekend of June are you talking 30 May - 1 June, or the 6-8 June weekend?

Unless you can make this an easily accessible ATV friendly event, I'd be on my own. Wife doesn't ride motorcycles and don't want to sit in camp while I'm out riding. I understand that completely.

Have you thought of a meeting or camp get-together area?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am going on the memorial Russ ride. And if the dates work out, I will join on this one too.

I have family in Vegas, Redwood City, CA, and Yakima. I have been planning a adventure for this year, so these rides will add to my fun.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I shur wanted to go but I can't because my wife is a school teacher and I have a young one, and nobody to watch the kid till the wife is done with school on the 13th of june...oh well guess I will have to plan something else:(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts