TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this from Amazon last week and it was on sale for about $7.00 - but now it lists for about $17.

Motorcycle Foot Side Stand Extension Kickstand, Akozon Side Stand Pad Motorcycle Anti-slip Kickstand Extension Enlarge for for Honda NC750X X-ADV 2017-2019 (Red) Motorcycle Foot Side Stand Extension Kickstand, Akozon Side Stand Pad Motorcycle Anti-slip Kickstand Extension Enlarge for for Honda NC750X X-ADV 2017-2019 (Red), Kickstands & Jiffy Stands - Amazon Canada

It did not list the TW200 as compatible and I wasn’t expecting much in the way of quality. To my surprise, it fit perfectly without a single modification and appears to be extremely well built.

I know this won’t work for everyone, but for me it seems perfect. It may catch on things and have other drawbacks but that’s not going to bother me.

I was going to use a hockey puck, but after reading many posts I decided against it. There was a lot of discussion about kickstand pads, and some suggested welding 2 inch washer.

I mount my bike by putting my left foot on the left foot peg and then swinging up, I noticed in soft ground conditions this didn’t work very well as the bike would tilt. With the new kickstand pad, I noticed very little difference between being on pavement and grass.

I still can’t believe the price.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
It now lists for $20.
BTW, and this is just MY opinion, but I see two ankle biters there on your kick stand; the knob and the foot. I've tipped over, laid my bike down many times and those things look like they are just waiting to stab me in my lower leg or foot.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Good find, Rob! The taller kickstand topic comes up every so often, for those looking for a quick solution, this is a pretty reasonable add-on.

I imagine if folks wanted, they could trim the pad size down a bit for a smaller pad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good find, Rob!...
I imagine if folks wanted, they could trim the pad size down a bit for a smaller pad...
Thanks. I think would be easy to grind down. It’s all aluminum. I actually thought some of the pad would be rubber.

Being a very slow rider, I’m not worried about catching myself on it. I’m much more likely to fall while trying to get onto the bike, I’m old :)

Here’s a better picture of just the pad. You can see how easy it would be to cut or grind.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Thanks. I think would be easy to grind down. It’s all aluminum. I actually thought some of the pad would be rubber.

Being a very slow rider, I’m not worried about catching myself on it. I’m much more likely to fall while trying to get onto the bike, I’m old :)

Here’s a better picture of just the pad. You can see how easy it would be to cut or grind.
I looked at the Amazon listing, but forgot to see if it listed that added length? I'm just guessing, but 1/4", 1/2"? Hard to judge from a picture how thick that new pad is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at the Amazon listing, but forgot to see if it listed that added length? I'm just guessing, but 1/4", 1/2"? Hard to judge from a picture how thick that new pad is.
I would say just a bit more than a quarter inch. I really didn’t notice much difference in the tilt of the bike on concrete. You can see from the last picture I posted that the aluminum cut out slightly for the foot to sit in.

When I was experimenting with a hockey puck, there was quite a difference in the tilt of the bike- but even then I thought it was acceptable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks like a neat idea to keep the stand from sinking in hot asphalt but i don't know what is wrong with the stock stand mine seems to work well. When i hand a road bike I would keep a 3"x3" x 1/8" metal plate for the hot asphalt to keep the stand from sinking into the asphalt.

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Hopefully that kickstand extension design works better in the real life than a similar one of Bananchunk's. He had one for his CB500 that lasted but a few stops while we were off-roading...not a few rides but rather just a few stops on a single ride. Apparently the uneven rocky surfaces he was putting the foot down on loaded the extension unequally from side to side. This resulted in fasteners coming loose and device quickly self-distructing and being left trailside. I did not install it so cannot attest to how secure or LockTite-ed the fasteners were.
I would install very securely ensuring that extension had good uniform contact with OEM kickstand base..
I had a similar through bolted plate on on TW kickstand that would also work itself loose to the extent that I gave up and removed it. This was despite having a useful silicone bottom that gave so much better traction on smooth rock surfaces compared to steel-on-stone which could slide and cause bike to roll forward and then fall over.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Next time you finish a beer, rinse the can out well....then stomp on it until it is round and flat.
Carry it with you while riding.
When parking, dig out your fancy new homemade kickstand pad and place on ground under stock kickstand pad.
Rejoice that you saved $17 and still got to drink a beer.

View attachment 214700
My long time riding buddy does this! I think he tied a string to it so he didn't have to bend down each time to retrieve it. I know he stows it in his back pocket.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
...also, if you leave the can attached to the string and dragging behind, people will think you are just married.

For sand or loose forest floor, the flattened beer can beer can works awesome. It totally prevents the side stand from sinking in.

I flatten my can the long way (as opposed to the picture TW_in_BC posted). It increases the footprint a bit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Years ago there was a discussion about kickstand attachments. Following that discussion, I added a round water faucet handle, with a bolt, to the bottom of my TW200's kickstand. It has worked very well, steadily holding my TW200 in all sorts of terrain. It was inexpensive to add to my TW200.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts