TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a tw about three weeks ago, and although i've only put about 700 miles on it so far, i've already managed to break a few bits and discovered this site while looking for cheap replacement parts [the stealership wanted $106 for ONE turn signal!].

while looking through a few threads, i noticed a common theme. it would seem that many of you find the seat to be quite uncomfortable, which i thought strange as i find the tw to be quite luxurious. this thing is like a la-z-boy compared to my other bike: you sit straight upright, and the seat is so plush and forgiving. but i guess i'm the only one who thinks so. oh well.

but for serious: if you think the tw's seat is uncomfortable, i wouldn't recommend even sitting on a buell, let alone riding one.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You're not the only one who finds it comfortable. This is one of the best-fitting bikes I've been on.

Better position on the pegs, too. I wish I'd bought this bike in 1987; or in 2008 when I got back in.

I haven't dropped this one, yet. But, compared to my Honda...it's half the weight. I don't expect getting it up would be a big deal.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hello and welcome! Look around in the classifieds, there's probably someone selling some turn signals somewhere.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I had a Buell................yes its uncomfortable, to the point I only kept it for 4 months :)

Having owned a Buell, I can say the TW seat sucks. The bike isnt uncomfortable...........just the seat.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
so i bought a tw about three weeks ago, and although i've only put about 700 miles on it so far, i've already managed to break a few bits and discovered this site while looking for cheap replacement parts [the stealership wanted $106 for ONE turn signal!].

while looking through a few threads, i noticed a common theme. it would seem that many of you find the seat to be quite uncomfortable, which i thought strange as i find the tw to be quite luxurious. this thing is like a la-z-boy compared to my other bike: you sit straight upright, and the seat is so plush and forgiving. but i guess i'm the only one who thinks so. oh well.

but for serious: if you think the tw's seat is uncomfortable, i wouldn't recommend even sitting on a buell, let alone riding one.
While Montezuma {Nick} and I were tossing down a few last night..and preparing for our upcoming Great Lake 1700 mile tour, he was bitching about the seat and thinking mods for it. Meanwhile, like you, I have no problem with it and find it pretty comfortable. Different Seats for Different "Seats" I suppose....:p

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
It is very comfy. I put a Corbin on the WR and the TW is still a more comfortable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a sheepskin on mine, and I can ride all day, no problems. It's a much better seat than any other bike I've owned, but I did have a DR650, with the worst seat ever designed, so maybe I've just toughened up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
I couldn't make it 10 minutes with the stock seat. I did put the ATV pad on and it is better but only a little. I can make it a little longer but it still gets me. Could be the DVT in my legs though.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but I did have a DR650, with the worst seat ever designed, so maybe I've just toughened up a bit.

maybe that's it. i'm pretty sure the seat on a buell lightning is made of granite with a piece of leather thrown over it, so when i got used to riding that for six years anything else seems amazing in comparison.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I put a Seat Concepts seat on my TW, huge improvement. And yeah, the stock DR650 seat is the worst thing to sit on this side of a 4x4 full of rusty nails. My stock KLX seat was the same way. I once rode it for an hour and had trouble getting off of the bike because my ass hurt so bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts